• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Keep or move on?

Boating is a way of life, at least for me, I purchased my first one at 14years old with the help of my dad He paid for the motor I paid for the boat and trailer. And he paid to keep it in a wet slip because I couldn't tow it very well with a bicycle.
Everyone is different but I raised 4 children out on the water my kids loved being out on islands and we camped for 2 weeks every June when the kids were out of school for the summed. Now they are in their late 30's and early 40's so My grand children also loved boating and the beaches and the islands, They are now graduating from high school and 3 are signing up for military careers but they all love the water as well. If you are able to get a vehicle that does the job you need it to do and you can find dry storage areas for your trailered boat , plenty of those around, and your wife is a real water person who enjoys being out all day on the beach or water etc, THAT IS THE REAL QUESTION! then discuss it in depth and be honest as to how important it is to each of you because a wife that can take it or leave it is probably not going to be happy continuing the water life and in that case plan B is to get a smaller boat just for you to go out and go fishing once a week. etc so throw that into the mix , You will come up with a solution but I can tell you my kids remember every year we camped out on shell island for the 2 weeks, as they got older I built 2 more boats for my twin sons to be able to use out there with small engines bait wells and what they needed to fish the flats. And one of the twin sons has twin daughters seen below looking for shells, they are now grown up time moves on quickly so don't waste a minute of it, one day you will not have time to look forward to, only to look back on.

Attachments

• kim and kat riding a ski.JPG
    kim and kat riding a ski.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 5
  • twins looking for shells.JPG
    twins looking for shells.JPG
    200.4 KB · Views: 6
  • grand children following me through the water.JPG
    grand children following me through the water.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 6
I know a lot of storage places have wash downs to flush and wash. My last one, i just kept a tote in the truck with what i needed. I would flush, wash and then go drop the trailer in my spot. Dry it there, plug in the charger and leave. Was in between home and the ramp we frequented before we got into the high and dry.

Back