• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Kicker Tower HLCD 9 v 11

OB WI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Questions about towers. I am torn between the two. Sound vs Size. Nobody we really boat with have tower speakers so I don't have first hand knowledge.

Has anyone gone with the 9’s and upgraded to 11’s?

Or wish they would have gone with the 11’s right away?

Will I notice a real difference in the lows or anything else?

Thanks!

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Have you given the new Wet Sounds 12inch Rev-12HD's a look?

You're going to get a better, larger speaker that hangs down only 13.36" (which is almost the same as the Kicker 9inch).

The kicker 11inch hangs down 2inches lower at 15-9/16".

OB WI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I have looked at them. I like that the mount is recessed but for 1K more I’m not that into them. I would think the Kickers are due for a redesign soon. Some of the sites say there are on clearance so who knows.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I have the 9s and love them, they sound great. The 11s will give you a little more range on the bottom end. Not much difference in overall volume. In either case, a single set of HLCDs with 300watts to each one is louder than any normal person can bear. It is enough to cause hearing damage and make conversations difficult 100 feet away. Full tilt while being on the boat is just stupid lol.

The new design on the WS12s is great and would be an easy sell if the price was the same across the board.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I have the 9s and love them, they sound great. The 11s will give you a little more range on the bottom end. Not much difference in overall volume. In either case, a single set of HLCDs with 300watts to each one is louder than any normal person can bear. It is enough to cause hearing damage and make conversations difficult 100 feet away. Full tilt while being on the boat is just stupid lol.

The new design on the WS12s is great and would be an easy sell if the price was the same across the board.
Can you add some pictures? Thanks.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Well what is the verdict compared to the 4 JL’s?