• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Murray SC, Drift Jam and Reggaetronic

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
DNR will be directing everyone into raft ups and we will be rafted up with lots of other folks so not a lot of choice on an end spot. If you know you won't be there long you can always anchor quite a bit further out as a separate boat. People do come and go as they choose so if someone does leave the raft up the boats on both sides usually help them out and then take up some slack. I have never been one to encourage pacification but in this case a portable content/gaming device may extend your time at the event.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yeah, I plan on bringing as much as I can. This wasn't a trip I was really planning on bringing him for but it ended up that way. We'll see how it goes.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If we raft up just outside the designated area, the area DNR is coordinating, we can raft however we want, I'm good with whatever.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
North side row 3 or 4 would be my preference to be fairly close but away from some of the shenanigans and boats coming in late trying to get up front or beach which is not being allowed this year.

From the Drift Jam Facebook Page ......

Drift Jam - Flotilla Music Festival 2018 Map!

Boat traffic flows from the center waterway into each row on the left and right of the waterway. The front row is designated for VIP sponsors and guests. Please follow all staff guidance when arriving at the festival location.

The red dots will be pallet anchor points to help maintain the integrity of the rows.

The yellow lines are waterways and are off limits for parking or swimming.

**NO BOATS WILL BE ALLOWED TO PARK ON THE SHORELINE ANYWHERE INSIDE THE COVE!**

At the end of each row (closest to the shoreline) there will be a pallet anchor point. All boats inside the cove must be inside the end anchor point.

Drift Jam.jpg

Clayton Danyew

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If we raft up just outside the designated area, the area DNR is coordinating, we can raft however we want, I'm good with whatever.
I'd rather be in shallower personally. I have 100ft of anchor rope (I think), but with scope of the rope and everything, I wouldn't feel as secure as I would being in 30-40ft. Plus I might bring my dog, and would like to be able to swim him into shore if possible.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'd rather be in shallower personally. I have 100ft of anchor rope (I think), but with scope of the rope and everything, I wouldn't feel as secure as I would being in 30-40ft. Plus I might bring my dog, and would like to be able to swim him into shore if possible.
There will not be any swimming permitted where you see the yellow lines and you would not want to anyway with the boat traffic.

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are still debating on going. With the weather possibly coming in its not looking good.

Clayton Danyew

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just saw this, looks like this rainy weather is finally breaking. Heading down tomorrow after work, will be cruising tomorrow night if anyone plans to be out.

You had mentioned meeting at 11, leaving by 1115, and being there at 1130. With the weather clearing up, do you anticipate more people going? Would it make sense to meet a little earlier and try to get there at 11? By the time everyone's tied up itll be at least 1130. Just a suggestion. Also, I might have one additional boat with me.

Last edited:

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am still planning on being there. Coming down from Greenville/Spartanburg area. Any recommendations on a landing to use coming from that area?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Dreher Island should be the best landing to use and is closer to the direction you are coming from.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
PM sent to those confirmed/possible. We will post up picks for those who are interested but can’t join.

Clayton Danyew

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We wanna try for another gathering in a month for Reggaetronic? Its July 14 I believe.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We wanna try for another gathering in a month for Reggaetronic? Its July 14 I believe.
The wife and I might be out there but won't know for sure until we get back from the June Bimini trip. If we do go, we would be open to getting together.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'll be out of town for that one unfortunately

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Unfortunalty that weekend for us is already booked with family obligations...