• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Shelbyville IL - Labor Day 2018

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thinking about a day trip (or 1-2 nights camping) down to Rend Lake. (Actually would be open to Kaskaskia, Carlyle, or even back to Shelbyville) in the next couple weeks. Anybody else have a similar thought?

I can already see our boating season coming to an end with volleyball tournaments and soccer games starting up soon.

@mattschepker @RampRage @swatski @jcyamaharider @ar240owner @007 others from the STL area?

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unfortunately I think my boating trips are done for the summer , prob do a sandbar trip on the holiday weekend , but no lake trips for me the rest of the year

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Probably can’t make a camping trip, this summer is dissapering before my eyes. Rend has great camping facilities, Kaskaaki is a skinny lake but “the point” is fun to camp on if you don’t need any services. I dislike Carlyle, it’s a shallow bowl that gets choppy in a heartbeat with a gust of wind. Actually I’ll say it, I hate that lake, lol!

Thinking about a day trip (or 1-2 nights camping) down to Rend Lake. (Actually would be open to Kaskaskia, Carlyle, or even back to Shelbyville) in the next couple weeks. Anybody else have a similar thought?

I can already see our boating season coming to an end with volleyball tournaments and soccer games starting up soon.

@mattschepker @RampRage @swatski @jcyamaharider @ar240owner @007 others from the STL area?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We are going to Shelbyville for Labor day weekend.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would be up for a day trip, but hard to commit. I share Carlyle lake sentiment of @007.
Kaskaskia water is typically glass but can get a bit crowded, so best to call ahead (we only use New Athens dock/ramp). The dock restaurant closed and did not reopen, yet, but the camp site answers calls. The river is dammed/locked so the level is usually fine - really great place for water sports.
(if you don't mind an occasional slap in the face by an Asian carp...)

Labor Day? You guessed it, we will be at Bull Shoals Lake.
(it's a bit of a drive, but there is just nothing else that good in the Midwest)

--

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We'll be down in Shelbyville Thursday through Sunday this week if there are any takers. Staying at Coon Creek, buddy brings the camper, I bring the boat and my other buddy brings the jet skis!

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We were going to be at Table Rock for Labor Day but that trip fell apart. We are going to Shelbyville now.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wonder if I can talk my wife into Shelbyville for Labor Day? We've been wanting to expand our boating circle a bit. It's nearly a 4.5hr drive for us, but my father lives in Charleston, so we might be able to do a double duty weekend visit?!?!?!

I'll start the conversation tonight. Would like to meet some fellow board members for certain.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We are going to Shelbyville for Labor day weekend.
Mind if we crash? Camping at Lithia?

Edit: I think Landon has his first soccer game of the season on Saturday morning. But we could probably be there by early afternoon on Sat.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We'll be down in Shelbyville Thursday through Sunday this week if there are any takers. Staying at Coon Creek, buddy brings the camper, I bring the boat and my other buddy brings the jet skis!
I wish we could come over, it's close enough, but we've got too much going on this weekend already. How do you like Coon Creek's campground?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@jcyamaharider Looking at the website Lithia and Coon Creek are both booked up on the reservable camp sites for that weekend. Did you get one, or are you tempting the First Come First Served sites? Guess if I had to, I could run the camper over there earlier to cheat the system.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We are booked at Robin hood woods. I think we got the last spot.

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Understandable, that time of year! My buddy with the camper booked it never been myself. I stayed at Eagle Creek YEARS ago, one of the last years it was open, it was outstanding, I had my Sea Doo Utopia and we rented a slip, beautiful concrete docks. Too bad it's gone...

On a side note, refresh my memory on places to go etc. on Shelbyville, sand bars, beaches etc. Thanks in advance!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
No real sand bars, there might be a beach but we usually just cove out and do watersports by cove 3. Watch the water depth. Not much rain means a lower lake and very shallow spots.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We were going to be at Table Rock for Labor Day but that trip fell apart. We are going to Shelbyville now.
Matt, where are you guys staying?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Lithia resort.

If campgrounds are booked did you check with Gregory's resort, next to Lithia?
Not yet. Going to talk to Jen tonight and see if I have approval to make some calls. :)

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Do it and ask for forgiveness.... sometimes it works better.