• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Shelbyville IL - Labor Day 2018

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Its getting closer!!!! I am ready to be on the boat!

BMW_AR242

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Veteran boater, and novice Yamaha owner. We normally boat on Monroe/Patoka locally or hit our houseboat on Dale Hollow. Family wants to explore some new water so we might be headed for Shelbyville this weekend. Any comparisons for those of you who have been on these lakes? Would enjoy meeting up. We have a house in Findlay reserved currently.

BMW

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Veteran boater, and novice Yamaha owner. We normally boat on Monroe/Patoka locally or hit our houseboat on Dale Hollow. Family wants to explore some new water so we might be headed for Shelbyville this weekend. Any comparisons for those of you who have been on these lakes? Would enjoy meeting up. We have a house in Findlay reserved currently.

BMW
I would say that Shelbyville reminds me alot of Patoka. Plenty of room in the main lake to play, with tons of coves to get away from the traffic. Cove 3 is where you will probably find us if we're rafting up. Don't hesitate to come by and say Hi and meet us fellow jetboaters. We're always up for meeting fellow members. I guarantee you'll end your weekend with a bunch of new friends.

BMW_AR242

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
scot71, thanks for the info. We typically ski, tube, and chill so not too picky but nice to have some clean water available to do some water sports and “quiet” place to play in water with family. We are looking at the weather now as well for weekend. May bring some friends with us as well. Would be good to meetup and say hi with fellow jetboaters. Gotta stay on dealer to get warranty fender replacement completed and transducer error updated by tomorrow. Hopefully a chance to try out the new grill setup I built this weekend.

BMW

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
20180827_123258.jpg
@BMW_AR242 This is where you should find us (circle). Just look for the sign with a big "3" at the end of the point (arrow). Look forward to meeting up.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Also be sure to stay in the middle going back to the cove. There is a shallow area back there that can ground your boat easy if you don't know it is there. Not much rain to raise the lake level this year.

BMW_AR242

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
scot71, thx for location.

jcyamaharider, thx as well. I always monitor depth, and run navionics app on new lakes as just a good extra measure. Duly noted!

BMW_AR242

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Oh, and we started a sun dance to hopefully move the rain chances out...lol

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Would anyone be interested in this kneeboard? It came with the boat when we bought it and don't ever see it getting any use from us. If anyone would like it, let me know and I'll bring it with us. FREE
20180828_195149.jpg

Last edited:

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Would anyone be interested in this kneeboard? It came with the boat when we bought it and don't ever see it getting any use from us. If anyone would like it, let me know and I'll bring it with us. FREE
View attachment 82436
Bring it maybe my boys would like to try it out since they like the zup board

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@scot71 I would be totally interested in that board if nobody snags it this weekend! My boys are getting more comfortable on the water alone and would LOVE to get them on a knee board yet this summer.

Let me know, I appreciate it!

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@scot71 I would be totally interested in that board if nobody snags it this weekend! My boys are getting more comfortable on the water alone and would LOVE to get them on a knee board yet this summer.

Let me know, I appreciate it!
I'll definitely bring it with me. Unless @mattschepker would want it (since he said something about it first), it's all yours. I just want to see someone have some fun with it.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am ready for this trip but not ready. We have so much to do! The struggle of living in a camper is real...LOL! To top it all off I am getting ( hopefully getting over ) sick. :(

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am ready for this trip but not ready. We have so much to do! The struggle of living in a camper is real...LOL! To top it all off I am getting ( hopefully getting over ) sick. :(
Just make sure to tell Brian to bring along some of his magic cure all. You'll be good to go for the weekend. Lol!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
LOL....I should be good.

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'll definitely bring it with me. Unless @mattschepker would want it (since he said something about it first), it's all yours. I just want to see someone have some fun with it.
Thanks @scot71 I'm good either way, just let me know how it shakes out at the end of the weekend and if @mattschepker snags it cool, if not, let me know the shipping costs and I can paypal you!

Thanks again!

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
CBC5FF04-18BF-4ADC-9DFE-D945191FCB72.jpeg Hope ya’ll have a great weekend! Made it pretty close to Shelbyville for work this week, but came back and am heading west to LOTO this weekend!