• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Shelbyville IL - Labor Day 2018

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Alright I’m in!

FYI: Lithia Resort used to have a campground before building more cabins. They still have 1 site behind Bldg 3. And charge $34 night. They only have 30 Amp service and recommended that we not use their shower house as it’s in disrepair.

We got it. If @mattschepker looks out his window, we will be in his “backyard”.

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Funny we booked that 1 until we can find a site with 50 amp and then we canceled I didn't think about that site when You were looking

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Alright I’m in!

FYI: Lithia Resort used to have a campground before building more cabins. They still have 1 site behind Bldg 3. And charge $34 night. They only have 30 Amp service and recommended that we not use their shower house as it’s in disrepair.

We got it. If @mattschepker looks out his window, we will be in his “backyard”.
When are you arriving?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Funny we booked that 1 until we can find a site with 50 amp and then we canceled I didn't think about that site when You were looking
I think it’ll work. Just have to keep AC on low if I remember right.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'll start the conversation tonight. Would like to meet some fellow board members for certain.
Any luck?? I’m sure we could find a way to drop your boat and trailer near our camper to reduce the hassle of towing back and forth from Charleston, if you wanted.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@jcyamaharider @mattschepker Did you guys try to call about slips? I’m just assuming they’re booked and will launch each day. Should I call?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any luck?? I’m sure we could find a way to drop your boat and trailer near our camper to reduce the hassle of towing back and forth from Charleston, if you wanted.
We talked about it last night. I think the oldest has a soccer tournament or something. The wife wasn't overly excited about working out the details. Might have been poor timing with the little one fussing. If we do make it, it will most likely just be a day trip on Saturday or Sunday I would guess. Don't want to just use the family as a hotel :D

We've got an adults only weekend starting tonight, so I'll have some windshield time to make my case while towing. I'll see what I can do.

No worries on dragging the boat back/forth. The 190 behind the Sierra is not much different than driving without it. Truck barely knows it's there, and it's a pretty easy experience really. I appreciate the offer though.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just confirmed soccer schedule. Doesn’t start until the following weekend. So, we’ll be there Friday evening now. Can’t wait.

Got my new Krypt surf/surf rack installed today. I think it’s going to work fine, though I wish the fork was longer for the Zup board.

Still waiting on my new board. They say I’ll have it in plenty of time for Labor Day trip though.

I may call the marina to see if they have any slips available, but we may just launch each day as well.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just changed thread title, now that Shelbyville has been scheduled.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm out......again......Kinda sucks as I was hoping to visit both some folks from here and the family in Charleston. Between Boy Scouts, Soccer, and a snippet of family drama we won't be able to make the trip up for Labor Day this year. Wife and I were all geared up to go after a couple successful weekends of boating with some new friends too. Bummer.

I swear we'll figure it out eventually!

Hope everyone has a great time, and be sure to post some pics of the gathering!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@2kwik4u actually, I wouldn’t mind coming your way sometime. (Probably not this year, though). We’ve always wanted to bring the kids over to Holiday World, but never have.

I wonder if a 4-5 day trip could be done. Spend a day or two at the park and a day or two on some body of water not far away.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@2kwik4u actually, I wouldn’t mind coming your way sometime. (Probably not this year, though). We’ve always wanted to bring the kids over to Holiday World, but never have.

I wonder if a 4-5 day trip could be done. Spend a day or two at the park and a day or two on some body of water not far away.
Come on over. The waters nice :D :D

Patoka Lake is our normal boating destination. Have several boating friends on that lake now with campers nearby. The Village Cabins are really nice. We stayed there two weeks ago. $99/night I think, and they cater to boaters with plenty of space to park/move around with the trailer. They're all about 35 miles from Holiday World. Yearly pass into the state park for launching is $70, day passes are $8 I think. Maybe $7, I can't remember. I buy the yearly.

Holiday World is pretty awesome as well. You can easily spend a two days there if you enjoy the water park. Weekends are busy, but weekdays aren't terrible especially in August (local schools are back in session in late July here).

Monroe Lake is beautiful I've heard as well, but haven't been personally. French Lick Resort is pretty close as well, lots of adult things to do, and a few kid things. Staying there is pricey though.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We'll be at Shelbyville for Labor day also, staying at Lithia. Looks like our daughter will be joining us too. I look forward to her hanging with everyone on such a great lake.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Come on over. The waters nice :D :D

Patoka Lake is our normal boating destination. Have several boating friends on that lake now with campers nearby. The Village Cabins are really nice. We stayed there two weeks ago. $99/night I think, and they cater to boaters with plenty of space to park/move around with the trailer. They're all about 35 miles from Holiday World. Yearly pass into the state park for launching is $70, day passes are $8 I think. Maybe $7, I can't remember. I buy the yearly.

Holiday World is pretty awesome as well. You can easily spend a two days there if you enjoy the water park. Weekends are busy, but weekdays aren't terrible especially in August (local schools are back in session in late July here).

Monroe Lake is beautiful I've heard as well, but haven't been personally. French Lick Resort is pretty close as well, lots of adult things to do, and a few kid things. Staying there is pricey though.
We love Patoka and we're going to try and plan a trip there next year with some fellow members. It'd be nice to meet you.
Monroe is really nice and we will definitely go back, but we think Patoka is much nicer. Even though it's farther away for us.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We love Patoka and we're going to try and plan a trip there next year with some fellow members. It'd be nice to meet you.
Monroe is really nice and we will definitely go back, but we think Patoka is much nicer. Even though it's farther away for us.
Sounds like I need to setup a local meet/greet/boat event!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We'll be at Shelbyville for Labor day also, staying at Lithia. Looks like our daughter will be joining us too. I look forward to her hanging with everyone on such a great lake.
Awesome!