• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Late Season Start - Frustrated...

Eric Popper

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Once again, the Chicago Chain of Lakes is overflowing and essentially not usable. This is the latest into the season ever that I have not had the boat out yet. The last 3 seasons we have lost almost 30 days due to heavy rains and flooding.

Rant over. I want to go boating!

Eric

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I sympathize with you @Eric Popper We are going through a similar plight. Cool, rainy or windy. It's similar to how our season started last year. We'd have calm seas with cool or rainy weather. Or we'd have choppy seas with warm or hot temps. Last year was our worst boating season with this one starting off to be even worse. Guess We shouldn't complain too much as there are many in this country with no homes due to tornadoes and flooding. I'd give my boat away to solve that problem.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Same up here in MN... Late start to the season and high water levels have forced no wake restrictions on the most popular lake in the area (Minnetonka) and others that we use as alternatives, so we have only been out once so far this year. :(

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We don't have the same flooding issues in northern Wisconsin, but the weather this spring has been pure crap. One of the worst springs I can remember. Although, I'm looking forward to being up at the lake tomorrow, highs in the Mid-80's and Sunny for a change!

Jores

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Hoping they will be able to open soon- were open one day on the memorial day weekend. At least its not flooded and is going down every day. No more rain please.

Jores

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Rumor is open this Sunday

NickF

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I feel your pain, waiting on the weather to improve and water levels on the chain to go down as well. Have a slip for the season that’s not getting used is very frustrating.

W3bexec

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In the same spot as you. Its been the 5th coldest spring on record here and and still too cold to get in the water. We still like to cruise and eat a meal, maybe fish a bit. Every day I am free take the boat out its lightning and stormy. Ugh.

addfw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Someone needs to change that Rob Lowe “stop pooping” meme and change it to “stop raining”.

viper15

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We don't have the same flooding issues in northern Wisconsin, but the weather this spring has been pure crap. One of the worst springs I can remember. Although, I'm looking forward to being up at the lake tomorrow, highs in the Mid-80's and Sunny for a change!
Same here in central WI. Crumby weather, and cold water temps. We had our boat in the water for a grand total of 3 hours on Memorial weekend. Now that baseball season is here, it's either a weekend baseball tournament, or crappy weather that keeps us from boating. But watching our boys play ball is just as good :)

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Same here in central WI. Crumby weather, and cold water temps. We had our boat in the water for a grand total of 3 hours on Memorial weekend. Now that baseball season is here, it's either a weekend baseball tournament, or crappy weather that keeps us from boating. But watching our boys play ball is just as good :)
We had a beautiful day on the lake on Saturday, but the extended forecast doesn't show one day above 75 in the next 15 days.

UpNorth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Same up here in MN... Late start to the season and high water levels have forced no wake restrictions on the most popular lake in the area (Minnetonka) and others that we use as alternatives, so we have only been out once so far this year. :(
I keep our boat on Minnetonka and have already put on 15 hours this season.

Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!!!!

Summer is to short. Get out there and enjoy it!

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I don't know how you guys do it. I could never live up there. We boat from March to October around here, sometimes longer.

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I don't know how you guys do it. I could never live up there. We boat from March to October around here, sometimes longer.
Meh, most years the boat is in the water by the end of April, and we boat into October as well. If I moved to Alabama, I would probably be in the water year round, until my blood got too thin and I couldn't handle cooler water anymore, but that would probably take a few years!

viper15

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's why we have both summer toys and winter toys. Snowmobiles in the off-season!!! It's the tweener seasons that suck, but that's when we do maintenance.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I feel your pain too, this is precisely why I avoid the Chain at all costs. It’s just as close for me to hit Lake Geneva or one of the other WI lakes and enjoy myself there instead, without as much traffic on and off the water (Not to mention saving the cost of the bull crap Chain sticker). We went to southern IL Memorial Day weekend, 90 all weekend and plenty of open water. We are moving to warmer climates ASAP because of the crap weather here in the Midwest.

DanF861

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I keep our boat on Minnetonka and have already put on 15 hours this season.

Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!!!!

Summer is to short. Get out there and enjoy it!
I'm also on Minnetonka and am out there all the time. Have a SeaDoo jet boat but will eventually get into a Yamaha 240. Let me know if you'd ever like to meet up - would love to check out your boat!

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey Mother Nature!

I know you are busy and all right now...but can we make a deal and swap out Sat/Sun with Mon/Tues?

Sincerely,
Every Boater in MN

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks Mother Nature... :thumbsup: