• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lateral Thruster 2.0

I have both LT 2.0 and thrust vectors on my 22' AR195 - both work great and control is much better -

I am just about to add it tomorrow to mine. Do you have the Thrust Vectors? If not do you feel like you need them also or are you happy with the LT 2.0?
On my 195s the Thrust Vectors were a great upgrade for low speed control. I’d recommend.

I’m more mixed on the LT 2.0s. They do add side to side control but seem to reduce reverse thrust. I’m not convinced they’re needed on newer boats.

These boats don't need lateral thrusters. Side to side movement is not an issue with these boats. Reverse thrust in general is.
Exactly and it has even hurt that! I never had issues with reverse steering before them. I absolutely would not recommend them on 19 and newer models. I only added them because of the discount when I ordered my Thrust vectors which I highly recommend! Even at higher speeds when I’m turning hard there has been an improvement.

I just took my boat out for the first time, since I installed the lateral Thrusters 2.0. I have a 210, so I can split the LT’s.

I can honestly say, it was a noticeable improvement.

I can make the boat stand still (when free floating) with just a quick shot of lateral thrust on the respective side, to counter any drift. Kinda like a parked car.

It’s really easy to rotate the stern to the dock, making the boat easier to dock. I could get the job done before, but it’s certainly easier after installing these.

I can totally endorse this product. I also have thrust vectors, but they came dealer installed on the boat…so I don’t have a stock reference.

I’m really happy with low speed handling/control because of these 2 mod’s.

Last edited:
Here is a video done by someone who thought he really liked his thrust vectors with lateral thrusters until I approached him and asked him to do a comparison of my super magnum ak-19 deluxe stand alone nothing else and now he is very impressed and his 7 year old daughter also loves driving the boat . and the thrust vectors with the lateral thrusters are not being returned to his boat.
Remember twin engine boats can rotate in place just by staggering the throttles, and that is done without taking away from your real reverse power and the new nozzles from 2019 on up have angled reverse thrust as I have said many times combined with my super steering you get excellent control in reverse. Plus my patented steering systems also provide steering in the entire range up to and including high speed and off power water sport activities, wind, strong currents and waves as well as additional features and benefits including the second tie rod, the plaining surfaces, the adjustments to allow you to set the influence level that suits your personal needs and no plastic parts.

Here is a video done by someone who thought he really liked his thrust vectors with lateral thrusters until I approached him and asked him to do a comparison of my super magnum ak-19 deluxe stand alone nothing else and now he is very impressed and his 7 year old daughter also loves driving the boat . and the thrust vectors with the lateral thrusters are not being returned to his boat.
Remember twin engine boats can rotate in place just by staggering the throttles, and that is done without taking away from your real reverse power and the new nozzles from 2019 on up have angled reverse thrust as I have said many times combined with my super steering you get excellent control in reverse. Plus my patented steering systems also provide steering in the entire range up to and including high speed and off power water sport activities, wind, strong currents and waves as well as additional features and benefits including the second tie rod, the plaining surfaces, the adjustments to allow you to set the influence level that suits your personal needs and no plastic parts.

I really don’t have a dog in this fight; I suspect the cobras are great too.
I would have reasearched/shopped both TV’s & Cobras if my boat didn’t have the TV’s on it already.

All that being said, I’m happy with my set up.

Last edited:
I just took my boat out for the first time, since I installed the lateral Thrusters 2.0. I have a 210, so I can split the LT’s.

I can honestly say, it was a noticeable improvement.

I can make the boat stand still (when free floating) with just a quick shot of lateral thrust on the respective side, to counter any drift. Kinda like a parked car.

It’s really easy to rotate the stern to the dock, making the boat easier to dock. I could get the job done before, but it’s certainly easier after installing these.

I can totally endorse this product. I also have thrust vectors, but they came dealer installed on the boat…so I don’t have a stock reference.

I’m really happy with low speed handling/control because of these 2 mod’s.

Feedback I have been seeing from '19+ owners is that the new nozzle design makes the LT's less impactful and can reduce some of the reverse responsiveness since it is always sending ~30% of the reverse thrust out the side of the nozzle.

Question for you.... So you are saying you did split the throttles before to rotate the stern or to counter any drift before the LT 2.0 install and there was a noticeable difference? Also, did you lose any reverse responsiveness?

I really don’t have a dog in this hunt; I suspect the cobras are great too.
I would have shopped both TV’s & Cobras if my boat didn’t have the TV’s on it already.

All that being said, I’m happy with my set up.
That is just fine however there is a huge difference between the 2 . if you only need to improve slow speed assistance either will do that but there is so much more available for people who want their jet boats to have the most features and benefits available . Just a few examples of the improvements to steering at all speeds.
https://fb.watch/dMr4yZ8EDA/
and here is the super magnum ak-19 deluxe system

1662383460236.jpeg
Note the tempered aluminum adjustable super fins , the majority of these fins is actually above the water when the boat is on plane so only the amount of influence you choose is providing extra steering on plane as you do not need a lot to have full control however when the hull is off plane sitting low in the water you need a lot more to deal with all the hull resistance and the entire system is submerged to provide all the extra needed steering enhancement. Take note of the location of the bottom of the super fins in conjunction with the bottom of the rudder that is very important and the second tie rod for balance redundancy and improved longevity also very important, And the plaining surfaces are a soft aluminum so they can absorb an impact and protect the pump and nozzle from damage. These surfaces work by pushing the bow down during the hole shot to get on plane quicker and to push back on the bow lift in waves to help smooth out the ride as well as hover above the water so as not to create drag but to protect the jet water exiting the nozzles from interaction with the water flying up off the ride plate under the pump that normally interacts with the thrust to avoid water spray and deflection. There is also a spring loaded setup similar to this one called the super ultimate ak-19 deluxe and similar but model specific systems for the pre 2010 articulating keel twin engine boats as well as numerous other model specific systems that fit any and all of the Yamaha jet boat lineup and base levels if these systems starting at $359.99 with free domestic priority mail included so for anyone who wants steering upgrades I always say do your research and add the system that will suit your personal needs at all speeds and in all conditions not just for you but for everyone who drives or would like to drive if the boat was more cooperative. And to understand just how all this works here is a picture of a stock AK Yamaha twin engine jet boat on plane. note even 1/3rd of the rudder is out of the water. 1662384436830.jpeg

Last edited:
Question for you.... So you are saying you did split the throttles before to rotate the stern or to counter any drift before the LT 2.0 install and there was a noticeable difference?

Yes. I sometimes wait/free float (at my boat ramp cove), for other boats to launch, load, or my valet. It’s easier to stay “planted” w/ the LT’s while I’m waiting. I just give the LT’s a quick shot to counter the drift.

Also, did you lose any reverse responsiveness?

If I did, it wasn’t enough to care about. I backed off my trailer w/ no problem…that’s about as much reverse thrust as you need in most cases.

So you are saying you did split the throttles before to rotate the stern

Yes, I split the throttles. I use the port LT to swing the starboard stern to the dock, while steering towards the dock (& vise versa). I leave the other jet in neutral. It’s better than stock IMO.

Edit: If I’m drifting port, I engage the port LT to counter drift (steering wheel straight ahead)

My storage cove is calm/isolated…it’s kinda protected, so I can’t speak to impact for windy choppy conditions while floating in the cove, but I can’t imagine it makes control worse.

I did not sync the LT’s when docking or countering drift, so I can’t speak to the 19’ boats.

Last edited:
Yes. I sometimes wait/free float (at my boat ramp cove), for other boats to launch, load, or my valet. It’s easier to stay “planted” w/ the LT’s while I’m waiting. I just give the LT’s a quick shot to counter the drift.

If I did, it wasn’t enough to care about. I backed off my trailer w/ no problem…that’s about as much reverse thrust as you need in most cases.

Tell me you haven’t owned your boat long without telling me lol. I use my reverse thrust for backing into sandbars, docking, revisiting tubers when my spotter is dumb, so on and so forth. I wouldn’t not want to lose 1% of reverse thrust.

Tell me you haven’t owned your boat long without telling me lol. I use my reverse thrust for backing into sandbars, docking, revisiting tubers when my spotter is dumb, so on and so forth. I wouldn’t not want to lose 1% of reverse thrust.
I haven’t had it long…you’re correct.

I have been pulling a lot of surfers and wake-boarders for the last 2 months, & I’ve beached up too. I’ve got 30 hours on it, in the 2 months I’ve had it (for what that’s worth).

I used reverse a lot today, & I still haven’t noticed any loss.

I’m really not passionate about the subject, I just wanted to post about my experience for anyone researching. Stuff like that helps me when I’m considering an expensive purchase. Like I said, I would have considered both Cobra and TV’s, but my boat had TV’s already, & the LT’s just made sense…& they were on sale.

Last edited:
I really don't understand when people are saying that you loose X% of reverse thrust with the LT's?
I put them on my 21 and I have not lost anything noticeable. For those that are local, I launch from EG Simmons and from Williams ramps in South Tampa. No issues coming off the trailer or using reverse around the ramp while I wait for my spot.
Just this weekend I was out with the boat, backed up to Egmont, then went to Shell key and backed up there, then took a stroll by BCI and had no issues there. So unless you are trying to go 35 in reverse, i have yet to see or hear of anyone saying they cant do what they used to do after adding the LT's?

As I have mentioned before, I added them to my boat, and prior my wife would get nervous around the dock etc.. Now, after the LT/TV combo she is more confident in her abilities and is learning more each time we go out. I still consider myself a rookie with the boat, so i pay careful attention to everything I do with it.

Now if only I could get my reverse steering down packed, boat and waverunner steer differently in reverse and its like re-learning each time I ride one after the other, lol.

Back