• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lateral Thruster Demo Rotate 360 On AXIS!!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey guys and gals,

Its getting warm out there in many parts of the country and we're starting to get lots of feedback from Lateral Thruster users out there! One of the reviews I keep hearing about is the reverse 360 maneuver where the driver puts one throttle lever in reverse and the other in forward idle. I had not tried this during testing but found that it is really a cool maneuver and with Lateral Thrusters installed really anyone can do it with little time behind the wheel.

Update: Parts will be shipping late this week for those of you who are in our backlog. Sorry for the delays.

Man I would like to have them but I am having a hard time justifying the cost... Not disputing the value just forking out 500 bucks... I'll keep a look out for the next group buy or something.

We may host a group by sometime later this fall if there is interest.

Man I would like to have them but I am having a hard time justifying the cost... Not disputing the value just forking out 500 bucks... I'll keep a look out for the next group buy or something.

Ditto. I'm super intrigued. At $300 I'd probably be a buyer. I know the costs for development, let alone the tooling are crazy especially with the size of the market. Glad someone is cranking out innovative stuff. I'm sure the next time I swing wide and miss on a slip, I'll be buying! LOL.

For sure if this was an automotive product with a market of 20 million cars the prices would be much lower but given that we only Market to a few thousand potential buyers you can understand some of the reasons why the costs are higher.

For sure if this was an automotive product with a market of 20 million cars the prices would be much lower but given that we only Market to a few thousand potential buyers you can understand some of the reasons why the costs are higher.
Will I don't want you to get me wrong here. I am not arguing the price point. You have created something novel and that no one else has. You have to pay for r&d, fab, production, inventory and still make a profit. I get it. I guess my boat handling is good enough I don't feel I require them.. . I just really really want them. Lol

Totally understand and did not take it that way. I hope you'll get a chance to experience a set first hand before you buy. Maybe then you'll know if you for sure need them for your situation.

So this is with the wheel hard to starboard, correct?

Hard to starboard, yes.

Come to think of it I know where some are... On the back of a boat in a storage lot... An ungaurded storage lot.. . @AndyD !
Sorry @bronze_10, the new lot IS secured, and gated, and cameras. Plus, I’ll know where to find them once I see your amazingly improved reverse steering skills. :D:winkingthumbsup"

Looking forward to getting mine installed! Hopefully they ship soon..... :)

Gotta love those crooked cops...lol

My thought was if it prevents hitting a dock once it’s worth it. As a repair will be far more expensive than the lateral thruster or thrusters.

I ordered these recently. I love my new boat, but I find reverse to non-intuitive when compared to a i/o or outboard.

I keep my boat in dry storage, so backing into the dock in confined spaces, with lots of boats traffic is going to be normal. If these allow me to back into the dock without hitting the dock or another boat, they will be worth every penny and more.

There would be nothing worse than being "that guy" that bumps someone else's shiny new boat and has to do the walk of shame to apologize and settle up (which I almost did right before ordering).

BTW, I would also like to give kudo's to JetBoatPilot. After ordering, I received a phone call letting me know that there would be a slight delay before the order was shipped. It is rare these days to find a vendor that cares enough to set proper expectations when there is a slight issue. Most companies would just let you wait until you called them.

@NorfolkJames yours should ship this week if you have not already received them. We are getting about 350 sets of singles and about 300 sets of twins today or tomorrow from the anodizer.

Thanks for developing this product Will. After our first weekend on the 242, my wife would appreciated these more than anyone.

I will put Vote #1 in for a Spring Group buy if others were onboard. I may be divorced by fall.

@JetBoatPilot - Those of us with the older version of thrust-vectors (and who are too cheap to upgrade) need to do some slight modification to the fins right?

Yes and we can produce a template for you to help you with the trim.

that's cool!

Back