• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lateral Thruster Demo Rotate 360 On AXIS!!

@JetBoatPilot Do you have videos of the single engine with thrust vectors/lateral thrusters installed? Most the videos Ive seen showing all the testing have been with the dual engines.

I think most of the early testing with the singles was with Lateral Thrusters only but some had the Thrust Vectors as well. We've not really noticed much difference during docking maneuvers with or without Thrust Vectors installed. I will see if I can get some more video content with both.

@JetBoatPilot - Those of us with the older version of thrust-vectors (and who are too cheap to upgrade) need to do some slight modification to the fins right?
FYI, installed mine last week end. Printed and cut out template, marked new edge with a Sharpie on each of the inboard fins *only*. Contemplated removing fins but then thought what the hell and with a bit of care was able to cut pieces out with a jigsaw easily. Because of the curves, end up cutting two +/-1.5"x1.5" pieces from each fin. A little clean up with sandpaper and done in no more than 10 minutes.
PS: check your clearance when done - I was 1/8" off with the first one for clearance of the bolt that holds the side of the LT on. 30 seconds with a file and sandpaper and all fixed no problem.
Can't wait to try them but it's 2 weeks to launch. ARGHH!!!

FYI, installed mine last week end. Printed and cut out template, marked new edge with a Sharpie on each of the inboard fins *only*. Contemplated removing fins but then thought what the hell and with a bit of care was able to cut pieces out with a jigsaw easily. Because of the curves, end up cutting two +/-1.5"x1.5" pieces from each fin. A little clean up with sandpaper and done in no more than 10 minutes.
PS: check your clearance when done - I was 1/8" off with the first one for clearance of the bolt that holds the side of the LT on. 30 seconds with a file and sandpaper and all fixed no problem.
Can't wait to try them but it's 2 weeks to launch. ARGHH!!!
How old of fins?
Would love for people to know beforehand obviously

Ah! Forgot to mention that mine are TV *XL* (the previous model, not the current *XV* model).
Here's the template - should print to 8.5"x11". Note: not sure if uploading like this works and if it doesn't print/scale properly (easy to tell since screw holes won't line up with TV!), contact Will for a copy.
Thrust Vector XL Trim Template V2 For Lateral Thruster Installation.jpg

Template works on XL and newer. Older short fins can't be modified and need to be replaced.

The best thing since sliced bread!!!! In my opinion!!

I placed my order today Will. Thanks in advance for shipping quickly. It would be great to have yet another reason to write a great google marketplace review for you before the holiday week.

Thank You for your business! We should be able to ship tomorrow.

I do this all the time. I had no issues with my boat before but I love having even more control over my boat now!

I do this all the time. I had no issues with my boat before but I love having even more control over my boat now!

I was thinking the same lol... when I leave the boat docks I always rotate on axis. Maybe it's off by a hair but it sure seems like on axis.

I had to back my boat down a 50 yard channel this past weekend off the end of the landing. It was about the width of the boat with weeds on either side. Once it starts to drift to one side, you are screwed.

That's what pushed me over the edge on the purchase. My wife would have lost her $%it if she had to have backed that far. I was surprised I made it the first time. The second time, I ended up drifting so far, that I did pull a 180 in the middle of the channel and sucked a few weeds. Nobody was the wiser, except me.

Well, I am happy to report back, that I got my Lateral Thrusters last weekend and was able to install them in under 30 minutes! Got the boat back in an instantly noticed an improvement in control. Sorry to say, I was the only one to drive the boat this week, so I was unable to get reactions from my wife or daughter.

Amazing product, and thank you for your development and testing of this wonderful upgrade. It is exactly as promised. It's tough to justify the investment, but I feel it is similar to the cost of a couple gelcote repairs.

One note, I do believe there is a slight loss in reverse thrust, which would be expected as when the buckets are straight, there would be a light blockage. Don't take my criticism the wrong way, as this is something that 95% of owners will never notice. As the need for strong reverse thrust is not there for most owners.

The only reason I noticed this, was we had just moved our lift out 8' to get a few precious inches of depth, as we were power loading/unloading when the boat was loaded. We just could not get deep enough. After the lift move, the thrust was plenty. After the LT install, we lost just the little bit of thrust.

As mentioned this is a non issue, as the boat still has plenty of reverse thrust. We have learned to load less on the boat until it is partially backed off the lift while floating. WE NEED RAIN to get the lake level up again!

Thanks so much Will and team at JBP!!!!

PS: Will, is it an issue if my thrust vector rubs down the side of the LT slightly on the inside? It seems to still move, and should not be an issue under force. I just noticed the rub.

@biffdotorg it is not really so much an issue mechanically but cosmetically if could make marks on both products.

I'd recommend you get the trim template and remove the excess material that is rubbing just to be safe.

Also would you mind writing a review for our website or Google? These sorts of things are very helpful for others.

Thanks and enjoy!

I'm on it Will. I was waiting to get them installed and tested first. I will be sure to get some video of my family's reactions when they actually drive it.

Mark Lawson

PS: I may have to place another order for the SeaDek cooler tops for the Yeti 45. We all have the first generation RTIC coolers which are the same of course, and my buddies with 45's love the top on my 20! The fact that it matches the flooring in the boat is so vain! They want them too. The dogs love to sit up on top of our cooler for some reason. It allows the Yeti/RTIC to make a great foot rest, step stool, and dog perch!

What email address can I send the trim template?

Awesome about the cooler tops. We have the YETI tops on sale for $25 due to an overstock situation.

I have the template. If anything, I may grind it where it rubs, if needed. I just noticed it making contact. TY

Back