• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lateral Thruster install on e series.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Finally getting around to is installing the LTs! I have a 242 e series. In the install video @JetBoatPilot says to move the throttle up to get the buckets out of the way. Problem is, my buckets don’t move when the boat is off due to the whole e throttles thing. Anyone here dealt with this? Will, any words of wisdom?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Have to use the override under the black box on the floor in the helm compartment.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Have to use the override under the black box on the floor in the helm compartment.
I know the box. I have no idea how to use it.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Chief

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I installed lateral thrusters on my e-series. I dont remember needing to move the buckets. They installed very easily.

afdouble

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I installed lateral thrusters on my e-series. I dont remember needing to move the buckets. They installed very easily.

Same here. I have a 2017 E-Series and installed them rather quickly. I don't remember any issues with the buckets. I can't exactly remember, but I think I did move the buckets and they moved with the throttle.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
well, so I got to the boat only to find that I forgot the keys... try again tomorrow I guess.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No harm in making some key copies and hiding them on the boat really well, so if you are ever in that position again, you can still go out.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Am I missing something here? The suggestion was to move them to get them out of the way, but if you look at the install, it's not a necessity.

The buckets on the E-series connect the same as all the rest right? Just disconnect the connector at the bucket, lift the bucket and shove a 2x4 or pool noodle in the pump. No keys needed to do that.

You may be overthinking this install. As I think I installed mine in minutes by flashlight in the driveway.

Good luck,

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
well, so I got to the boat only to find that I forgot the keys... try again tomorrow I guess.
A little OT (apologies), but I got myself a little toolbag from Lowes and made it my boat bag. Keys hang on the handle. Put a tow strap, handheld VHF and inverter inside (along with anything needing to 'go to the boat') and carry it with me in the truck. When I go to the boat, I just make sure I have the bag. Harder to forget for me.

Now, back to your regularly-scheduled program.