• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help! Stuck in the water

Merlion

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
One of my throttle buckets is tuck down. I read somewhere that you can manually override the bucket with a switch to “manual” ( on an e series)

Where are these electronic servos located?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@HELP

not sure how to help with a new boat, are you just trying to get it in neutral to start the engine ?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Electronic servos are in front of your helm in your closet under the black cover. Not sure of a manual operation.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yup...under that cover, but I would be looking at the buckets themselves first. Did you hard reverse in shallow water? My guess is you have debris stuck in the gate.

Undo the spring clip on top of the bucket, then move the bucket to loosen up the debris.

See this thread on replacing the cable to see how the clip on top of the bucket comes undone.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/how-to-replace-reverse-gate-cable.28/

Here is the pertinent photo:

Last edited:

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You can move them manually. however, since it's just one, can you take a peek at it to see if there may be any rocks or debris stuck in the bucket....?

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You likely have a small stone, shell or twig binding the bucket. Don't use a lot of force to try to clear it. Try going forward and backward gently with the shifter. If that doesn't work you may have to get wet to remove the debris. You were likely operating in shallow water when this happened?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you just want to get back on the water, I suggest you disconnect the rod that controls the buckets position (forward/up, neutral/mid point, and reverse/down). You should be able to do so without any tools, just slide the brass connector back against its spring and lift the connector and rod off of the ball which is connected to the bucket. If possible use a bungee cord to hold the rod up and out of the way of the bucket, you may be able to attach the other end of the bungee cord to the ladder. At least on the older Yamaha boats without a keel, connect, etc. good luck.

Merlion

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks everyone for the prompt responses. I was able to get to the throttle servos once I knew where they were...., switched them to Manual, moved the buckets lose by hand, and once they were opened reseted the servos back to Electronic. Turned on the engines and problem solved.

I was very far from my marina with strong currents, this would had been a nightmare had it not been for this forum.

Cheers

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
.... and for having cellphone coverage where you were