• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lateral Thruster Update

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey guys and gals,

We just got tracking numbers from our supplier up north and are expecting a shipment of twin engine Lateral Thrusters tomorrow or Wednesday. Once they get here we'll be machining the holes and then sending them off for anodizing.

Single engine Lateral Thrusters are also nearly complete and we'll have a good quantity of them to ship to the anodizer at the same time the twin engine versions go.

We will not be able to ship parts by Christmas as originally forecast. The company that does the anodizing will be shut down for Christmas and new year's so we won't be able to get parts back in time to ship in Dec.

The plan now is to begin shipping parts on the 8th of January. This will give them time to run the parts and then ship them back to us. Once they arrive back here assembly and packaging should take a day or two so you can anticipate shipment shortly thereafter.

Many of you have made mention that your boat is in storage and that you were in no hurry for your order and for that we appreciate your patience and allowing us to get this just right! If you have a need to have your order prioritized please let me know and I will do my best to get your order to you sooner than later. As I mentioned before, it will not be possible to get shipments to you by Christmas but we are very confident that the first week of January we'll be packing boxes and will be making them ready to ship out the door!

Thanks again for your support in this new product launch! We can't wait to hear your feedback once the season begins!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Yeah, i don't have the ice breaker mod or the heater mod so all good!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just got shipment today! Machining tomorrow and then off to anodize!

Attachments

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot, what has been the general interest from customers with twin engines boats? Are they mostly buying the twin engine set or two single engine units? I remember on one of your demo videos you indicted two singles would work better on a twin because they both will thrust both directions giving you double power versus the twin sets which only thrust one direction each. For the cost differences between the the variations I'm just curious if it's necessary before committing to one or the other.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have found that the twin engine version works better than the double single because the volume of water being pumped through the twin is much greater than the single. The single version is about 1 inch thick and the twin is about two inches thick. So even though you might be able to push twice as much using two lateral thrusters you'd be pumping about the same volume of water as one twin.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Got it! Thanks for the quick reply. It makes my decision easier...and cheaper :D

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Good deal, just don't wait too long. After the first of the year the price will go up $50 when we get out of the pre sale period.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just dropped off the first batch of lateral thrusters at the anodizer and expect to have parts back in hand no later than Monday the 8th. We will begin shipping all twin-engine orders and as many single-engine orders as we can get out on the 9th. As I have mentioned before the twin engine version we were able to mass-produce using an aluminum casting. The single engine version we are CNC Machining from Billet aluminum. It is very time-consuming and has proven to take a lot more time than we originally forecast. With that said if you have an immediate need and would like for your single-engine lateral Thruster order to be prioritized please give me a call at 850-960-3236 or email will@jetboatpilot.com.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Curious, Is your CNC process is still more effective than the 3d printed process you were trying first?

Best of Luck.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Beachbummer the CNC machined parts are honestly much higher in quality and dependability. They are no better in terms of performance but that is not why we changed manufacturing methods. Ultimately the company's name is on the line here and I felt that I could not take a risk with unproven processes at this stage in the game. Eventually when 3D printing is more well developed and more consistent we may consider going to back to that method.

On a side note if it were not for the connection we have with a local machine shop these CNC parts would not be feasible from a cost perspective. We are in the process of converting the singles over to sand castings like the twins as we speak. Sand cast parts will be every bit as durable and consistent plus they will give us the ability to keep up with the demand.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I commend you for your efforts to ensure your brand is well represented.

The CNC process sounds pretty expensive and not able to scale up, so I was curious on your decision process. I appreciate your candor and openness.

Best of luck!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Beachbummer thanks! I really want to build a business that will last. This thing has really grown over the years and the main reason for that growth is our focus on people. We figure if we really do our best to take care of our customers and staff and provide a high quality product with excellent customer service then we will have longevity.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Follow

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just picked up anodized parts this afternoon. Will start Shipping Tomorrow. Twin engine units will ship to all customers that ordered twin engine kits. Single engine kits will go out as we have them available. We currently have a small batch ready to ship and will be getting more in next week or the week after. Please notify me tomorrow if you have an urgent need for a single engine kit as supplies are very limited.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Lateral Thruster orders begin shipping today! All twin engine kits will go out this week. We have a small quantity of single engine units and will be shipping them as well. If you have a specific need for your single engine lateral thruster sooner than later please call my office today at 850-867-1410. Most customers have said that their boats are in winter storage and they are not in a hurry for their shipments thus the reason why we're allowing those with special shipping needs to request priority shipping. We've not received many requests so we'll be shipping in the order in which orders were received.

As mentioned previously the single engine units are being machined from billet aluminum and are taking much longer to fabricate than anticipated. Moving forward we'll be sand casting these just like the twins but for the moment this is the best we have.

Thank you for your understanding and patience as we get this new product off the launch pad!!!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@WTScott can you call my office at 850-867-1410 and we'll update you on the status of your order. We shipped most of the orders that were from August through December but some of the mid Dec. orders had to be put on hold until the next batch of parts comes in. Sorry once again for the delay in your shipment. We're working as fast as we can!

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
People were saying they were buying them at the boat show?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Some dealers ordered way back early in the pre sale event and we were helping them sell their inventory at the show. I don't have any inventory here. Sorry about that.