• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lateral Thruster Update

Lake_Spray

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got my single engine lateral thruster yesterday. My order date was 9/15/17 if that helps anyone else who's wondering where they might be in the queue.

Will-I saw your other post about possible adjustments being needed so I'll hold off on installation until I hear more. I'd love to help you out but I'm nowhere near you.
LatThruster.jpg

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Lake_Spray actually hearing your feedback could help. If you have time and it's not too much trouble I'd like to hear from you about your install. The first report could have been an isolated occurrence.

Lake_Spray

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Lake_Spray actually hearing your feedback could help. If you have time and it's not too much trouble I'd like to hear from you about your install. The first report could have been an isolated occurrence.
No problem. We’re having a warm spell so will have it done in the next couple days. I’ll video record it in case there are questions.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Awesome, keep me informed. That would be very helpful!

Angel Napolitano

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just finished to install the lateral thrust on my ar 240 (2015). 15 minutes to install, super easy! It is amazing how good it works. The boat is super reactive and fast to turn the back of the boat. Unbelievable maneuverability. My wake instructor got impressed especially on the cost, while he is spending 10.000$ to install it on his Nautique G25.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks Angel! Very helpful review! Enjoy!

hdbluedeuce

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll echo Angel's comments regarding the ease of installation. I got my set in last week and had a chance to install them this past weekend. Easy, straight forward and quick installation. Maybe 15 minutes for the first side and 10 more for the second one. While I have not had a chance to put it in the water and test them out yet (it's killing me), I must say that the amount of work, design, thought and attention to detail that went into these is very apparent once you see the product and how well it fits and integrates into the existing infrastructure on the boat.

WELL DONE Will & team!

Deuce

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@hdbluedeuce Thanks for your feedback! When you've had a chance to water test could you leave a product review on our web page? That would be super helpful for potential buyers! Thanks again!!!

hdbluedeuce

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Will - I'd be glad to leave a review on the web page. Hoping if the temps will break, we can make it to the lake sooner rather than later. My 14 y.o. son is more excited than I am about the thrusters as he spends the majority of the time at the helm and always unloads, loads and picks me up/drops me off at the dock. I'll be sure to include his thoughts as well. It'll be interesting to hear his opinion the first time out and get his reaction to the impact of the Lateral Thrusters as he backs the boat to the dock to pick me up. If these work and have half as much impact on reverse maneuvers as the Thrust Vectors do on forward motion; they'll be phenomenal! Really looking forward to them.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
ordered also, mine are on back order!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok good deal. That should ship later this week.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Prefect thanks for the update

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You're welcome!

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've had mine on for a while (very easy install) finally got on the water with them yesterday not much of a learning curve turn steering wheel throttle up in reverse stern swings around. Great product works as advertised.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks Bryan!! Hope you have a great boating season!!