• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

LCD Screen Won’t Turn Off! **help!

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2017 AR195 , recently had the marina install a second battery with switch. Ever since then, the small LCD screen that shows speed, fuel, RPM,etc won’t turn off which in turn slowly drains my second battery (deep cycle). I put that in mainly for the automatic bilge I also had installed and for the stereo. Anytime I turn the battery switch on, the ignition beeps and the screen turns on. Any help would be appreciated!!

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
O.K. From this side of the Internet (and no knowledge of an AR195 electrical system) here's a guess as to what they did:

Normally, you probably have to have the key on to get the screen to turn on right? So that key switch normally feeds a few things in the boat.

It sounds to me like they ran extra wire(s) for the bilge and stereo and somehow managed to connect them in a way that they are powering up the items normally fed by the key switch.

I'd start trying to figure out where the new wires are and see what your marina tied them to. You'll also want to figure out what the key switch's accessory contact is SUPPOSED to be feeding. I'm guessing you'll find those two items tied together somewhere on the boat.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks I’ve done some digging but can’t find any changes they’ve made other than the battery and second switch under the back seat where the stock battery sits. They didn’t touch the stereo as that is stock. Also note I had blew some fuses when accidentally touching battery cables to wrong polarity . Replaced fuses and no issues with anything else. Not sure if the battery install is causing it or something happened when fuses blew.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did they install all the + wires to the shut off switch? Only your new bilge pump should go direct to the battery.