• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Leaking somewhere in transom area

jmargo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just be on the lookout when you are back in the water and make sure the bilge pump is working. That may not be your only leak.

synackattack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why is boat so low in the water? Water is over the back of the boat. My boat sits at least 6 inches higher then that.
It's attached to the trailer on the ramp, I knew there was a leak back there somewhere, so I just wanted the transom in the water. Just happened to dip the rub rail in there a bit too.

synackattack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's something funny. I just pulled the center piece out of the rub rail, I haven't taken any screws out of it yet...here's a screw hole that was never filled..You can see straight through the hull. :rolleyes:
1620411565432.png

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are those the two screws you are referencing, about the swim ladder? I’d try something like Scott recommended, silicone, not 5200. You could probably use 4000/4200 as they can cure in a wet environment.

A46EF9C7-903B-40EB-A9FA-D5F3A0B3E8DB.png

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here's something funny. I just pulled the center piece out of the rub rail, I haven't taken any screws out of it yet...here's a screw hole that was never filled..You can see straight through the hull. :rolleyes:
View attachment 149217
Wow! No worries, who doesn’t need an extra hole in their hull!!

our last post crossed, I see where you are.

synackattack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fix done. It was a mess behind that rail. Sand, salt, rust...I wouldn't have been surprised to find a koozie behind there.

I removed the screws and rub rail on the whole stern and about 2 ft up each side and added silicone to each hole. Pic from the inside shows the silicone went through like I wanted it to. Hopefully this was the only leak.

1620417427567.png

rad1026

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, I think that is my next inspection on my boat. Haven't been able to find the culprit yet. Thanks for showing what you did.

Ericd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Quick fix and perhaps long-term is a wad of silicon over each screw from inside the boat.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I read this post today and oddly enough I heard the same sound when cleaning up after pulling the boat out. Turns out it was just dripping from the trailer. Looks like you found your culprit but thought I would post this anyway in case someone has the same problem. Perhaps check the trailer first before exploring under the hatch.