• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lenco 9" x 12" trim tab kit for 2010 Limited S? Or is their a better option?

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I mainly want them for rough water, to smooth out the ride on longer trips. I have read page after page of trim tab info here. I don't know much about them, so just looking for the easiest solution. The kit I found is around $680 and comes with the LED switch/indicator. Is this the best size for this boat? If you have a 2010-2014 and have installed trim tabs, I'd like to hear what you went with. Thanks in advance!

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bueler...Bueler...

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't know that there is enough experience on here to say what is the best. Most who have trim tabs have only had the one set so there is not a lot of side by side comparison on size. I just installed Lenco 12X12 electro polished tabs on my 2017 AR240 they seem to fit fine. If you do opt to buy Lenco I found it cheaper to buy the switch and tabs separately I paid $337.93 for the 12X12 Electro polished tabs with actuators and $200 for the integrated led switch so I was only $538 all in.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
12x12 seems big no? But in a way bigger is better?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
12x12 seems big no? But in a way bigger is better?
I just used Lenco's basic sizing chart to select. 9X12 was recommended for 19-25ft boats and 12X12 was recommended for 17-30ft boats so I'm guessing either will work just fine but I'm no expert in this field at all and would really recommend emailing which ever mfg you choose and explain which boat you got and take their recommendation. I admittedly did not do this but its probably a good idea only reason I didn't is I have been on a 2015 AR240 with 12X12 Lenco's so I knew what the results were.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I mainly want them for rough water, to smooth out the ride on longer trips. I have read page after page of trim tab info here. I don't know much about them, so just looking for the easiest solution. The kit I found is around $680 and comes with the LED switch/indicator. Is this the best size for this boat? If you have a 2010-2014 and have installed trim tabs, I'd like to hear what you went with. Thanks in advance!
Please check this thread for pictures, and post #31 in this thread has the design details and justifications:
https://jetboaters.net/threads/trim-tabs-options-wake-surfing-and-cruising.12031/page-4

I have a strong preference for Lectrotabs, as I believe they are simply a better manufacturer and design their own actuators, mostly direct for boat builders, they are not advertising much to the public. They were initially "engaged" by @Bruce and have since helped many jetboaters here.

EDITED
12"x9" should be plenty for that hull. Mine are 16"x9" and I never need to run fully deployed.

--

Last edited:

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks fellas. I didn't realize lenco and lectro were 2 different companies. I'll do some more reading.
Indefinitely want to stick to an electric actuator, not hydraulic.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks fellas. I didn't realize lenco and lectro were 2 different companies. I'll do some more reading.
Both companies do Electric actuators I even think Bennett does an electric one now as well to throw a third in the mix.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One advantage of the Lectrotab is the pressure equalizer conduit, built in. That prevents water ingress due to no vacuum.

--

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had Lenco electrics and controls with leds on a previous jet boat. Size wise I just went with whatever lenco recommended and they worked as advertised but if i were to do it again I would install something more automated like the Volvo system or from what I’ve read the lectro tabs.

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don't know that there is enough experience on here to say what is the best. Most who have trim tabs have only had the one set so there is not a lot of side by side comparison on size. I just installed Lenco 12X12 electro polished tabs on my 2017 AR240 they seem to fit fine. If you do opt to buy Lenco I found it cheaper to buy the switch and tabs separately I paid $337.93 for the 12X12 Electro polished tabs with actuators and $200 for the integrated led switch so I was only $538 all in.
Wow, I cant find any for that price. You did very well!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Below we’re the tabs I bought from them and I picked up the led intergrated switch on eBay for $200. I did notice that I must have got them on sale because the same kit that’s on the receipt is almost $100 more today but they still have some less expensive ones.
03D279D4-49AF-4B01-8454-5B36D3E424D1.png

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lenco must be using unicorn dust in their manufacturing process now. Their prices went up to $470 for the tabs and $265 for the switch.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went with Bennett for my 240 but now we're putting parts together for my buddy's 210 and came across this thread.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length