• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Listen up SVHO engine owners...

Summerweatherlover

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I’ve pretty much done all the mods you can while keeping the engine and jet stock:
  1. Hydrophase Ridesteady GPS Speed (Cruise) Control
  2. CobraJetSteering Super Ultimate AK Deluxe with the Mega Fang Plus
  3. CobraJetSteering EZ-Lock
  4. Fizzle 50mm Turbosmart BOV
  5. Fizzle Ribbon Delete
  6. Oil Catch Can
  7. Riva Racing Performance Air Filter (flame arrestor) and snorkel delete.
  8. SVHO Intercooler Upgrade (swap)
For me the speed control is a must, if you plan on surfing anyway. The two CobraJetSteering mods are awesome (you wouldn’t need the EZ-Lock). The intercooler swap eliminated the heat soak issue I had (you’re set there). These I would do again in my first season. Otherwise I would run it stock and see which of the mods below make sense for you.

The ribbon delete is more advantageous for the NA engines (not really noticeable on a stock SC engine). The air filter and snorkel delete really opens up the airflow (I mainly did this mod to replace the flame arrestor after the ribbon delete). Just to be clear this is not a cold air intake mod, all I did was replace the stock filter within the stock air box and removed the snorkel.

The BOV and catch can were done last summer. I spent some time researching the benefits of both and decided to do the BOV on the off chance it might extend the life of my SC. A BOV is more useful on jet skis to release pressure when they leave the water (not too often that happens in our boats). I did the catch can because it was cheap and easy. It does catch blow by but I don’t think it’s a top priority by any means.

The only other mod I’m considering is improving the noise proofing of the engine bay to see if I can dampen it a bit. Aside from that I’m not considering anything further (at least for now).

I’ve probably covered more than you were after but I hope it helps. Others on the form may prioritize these differently or may have perhaps had a different experience with them. This is just my two cents. 🤣

Ribs77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's awesome, thank you for the detailed reply! I'm planning on the RideSteady and likely Cobra Jet as well, but I may wait a season to see how things shake out first. We're all novices in my family, so I think it'll take a whole season to figure out what we want to do on the water.

I've done air flow/filter mods on motorcycles before and they made a huge difference in performance. Not ruling them out on this boat, but I figure the stock 195 should be plenty for what I have in mind at least for a few years. I hadn't heard of the BOV mod before, but it caught my eye as I'm interested in longevity / preserving the boat's value. But it sounds like maybe not a necessity until/unless I go down the performance road.

Summerweatherlover

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
It’s definately a smart move to see how the first season goes. Depending on what you find you and the family like doing, you may not need any mods. Even if the things you like doing change over time you can easily do these years down the road. No rush and no sense in dropping more money than you need to.

The Ridesteady is a nice upgrade over the stock RPM control which is good for cruising but does not hold a steady speed. The RideSteady is far better for watersports or anything you want to hold a consistent speed for. The owner Justin is very helpful in answering any questions. You can see my review post on my profile.

My 2015 AR192 was the model year before the keel was introduced by Yamaha. I’ve never driven a boat with the stock keel. I have driven boats all my life but they were always outboards or stern I/Os. This would be my first experience with a jet boat so I knew I would want something more than just the jet. The CobraJetSteering mod has been great and the owner Jeff is very knowledgeable. In my opinion the product is far superior to the other mods offered by jetboatpilot and others but I’ll add the caveat that I have never tried other steering mods. Other people swear by jetboatpilot so it may just be what you get used to or they may not differ much.

Perhaps the stock keel is all you’ll need depending on where you boat and what the docking situation is like.

Anyway congrats on the new boat, the season is just around the corner (but a little further for me up in here in Canada). Looking forward to getting out on the water asap!