• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Listen up SVHO engine owners...

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Cool. I may try this next. Do you have a link to the fizzle BOV you are using?

DeeKranze

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cool. I may try this next. Do you have a link to the fizzle BOV you are using?

I emailed fizzle directly and received a response within 5 mins. I asked about their 50mm non brand BOV and James responded saying he actually prefers it and it works really well compared to the TiAL or HKS. Saved myself $150.00 or so. Taking boat out tomorrow and will report back my experience, but so far, very happy with this purchase....

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I did not have to drill into manifold, the fizzle BOV kit come with the hose and T adapter to tie right into the map sensor vacuum line. I just cut that small line in half and put the T adapter with zip ties securely attached and that was it. Very easy install.
Just ordered it :) do you have any pictures of the t adapter setup you have? Couldn’t find a manual on their site.

Griswold

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice! For that blow off valve you had to drill in to the manifold though correct? I really like your mods :thumbsup:
The BOV I use is the Riva paired to the HKS sequential and tapping into the intake manifold isn’t difficult at all as there is a notch at the back that is already pre-ported, just need to go a little further to get through it. Personally I would suggest not cutting corners and that you drill/tap the hole as is explained in Riva’s directions. This ensures a consistent vacuum source and that the BOV is in fact doing its job but just my 2 cents.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I’ve heard that tapping is the better way also but removing the manifold and fuel rail does not look like fun for my skill level haha.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Any forced induction motor is going to create some amount of blow-by. If you’ve done the ribbon delete, CAI, TB spacers etc, you’re going to be creating more boost and more boost = more blow-by. My advice is get one and you’ll preserve your engine while optimizing performance.
You have convinced me that for the price and amount of work that I might as well do it. I ordered the same catch can you have just in Red. Think I will hold off until next summer 2021 when my Y.E.S warranty expires after I got to thinking about it though.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Have not done ribbon delete as I have heard it would need to be cut out on the 18 and I do not want to go down that road just yet. And yes I put the sticker on mainly because I am a dork and thought it was a cool spot for it. :p it is just a $30 catch can off of Amazon like @Griswold linked on here earlier. With a small modification, I was able to attach it directly where the holes are for the stock airbox was. I just used a nut and bolt and attached it, but a heavy duty zip tie would secure enough I am sure. I can add more pics if any would like to see.
the stock bracket has closer mounting holes, so did you drill another hole to fit it?

DeeKranze

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
the stock bracket has closer mounting holes, so did you drill another hole to fit it?
No, I just used the bottom hole where the stock bracket was located and used the top hole on the back of the catch can. I reamed out the hole on the back of the catch can bracket so I could use a more solid bolt and nut with some washers to space it just right. I had to play around with it a little to make it right but it is very sturdy and securely fastened. I did however have to lower the fuel hose that is right there in order to make the catch can sit in place and upright better. Just lowered the 3 self tapping screws on the brackets of the fuel hose. They screw right back into the fiberglass engine hull very easily. It just made it all fit a little better and cleaner but you may not need to..personal preference.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
With
You have convinced me that for the price and amount of work that I might as well do it. I ordered the same catch can you have just in Red. Think I will hold off until next summer 2021 when my Y.E.S warranty expires after I got to thinking about it though.
With that being said, do you guys think it would void the warranty if anything was to happen and I installed it? Just hate to have it sitting around and not installed....lol

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Not sure if it would void the warranty but honestly I doubt it especially since it is easily reversible.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Not sure if it would void the warranty but honestly I doubt it especially since it is easily reversible.
Ya you're right, I'm a jackass! If it comes to that I will just uninstall and put the factory hose back on...lol

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I went for the red :)

Is it normal for there be barely enough room for the intake tube to clear?
Think I'm gonna order the Red myself, as we have the same boat and that is super sexy!! Did you end up drilling into the manifold?

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Ya I’m planning to. Not looking forward to it. Haha. Figured I will do the ribbon delete at same times.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Ya I’m planning to. Not looking forward to it. Haha. Figured I will do the ribbon delete at same times.
One last question, did you notice a noise increase when you went with that K&N over the stock air filter. And I'm guessing I don't need one with a flame arrestor since I'm not doing the ribbon delete? Is that correct

DeeKranze

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I went for the red :)

Is it normal for there be barely enough room for the intake tube to clear?
Yes, that is normal. I ran mine under the brackets for the cover and zip tied them in place....loosely so it would not collapse the tube at all. Gave me a little more length.