• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Listen up SVHO engine owners...

Wake_Dude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
For those of you with 2019 AR195s and want to retain the stock intake, there is no need to purchase a CAI when using the Fizzle BOV kit. The stock intake is different for 2019. Partially installed mine today and the BOV kit clears the stock intake by quite a bit; zero interference.
22B699B8-3695-4CC2-8B97-90189FECBEE4.jpeg8AB8A02C-59BD-4239-B6A8-2C61AEE37122.jpeg

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I heard the vacuum line should point up. Is that true? I wasn’t sure.

Wake_Dude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I heard the vacuum line should point up. Is that true? I wasn’t sure.
No. It definitely does not make a difference. That is a banjo style fitting/bolt. It should make no difference how the nipple is oriented.

Curious, what was the logic in pointing the nipple upward? The inside of the BOV where the fitting inlet is, is just a hole. The hole remains round (LOL), no matter how the fitting is oriented. It has no effect on vacuum.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
No idea I just saw that somewhere. Good to know though

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I did a lot of reading and for the Tial it is normal with the included 2lb spring under idle since the manifold is barely open. Some guys change to a different spring to reduce this but not needed.

When you quickly accelerate it closes.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Just gotta tap into the map sensor and mission is complete. Put the intake, catch can, and BOV on in a few hours with the help of my step son...lol

Attachments

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Just curious, how often do you think these catch cans need to be dumped if I only use my boat 2-4 times a month. As high as we all have them mounted (especially me..lol) there is no way at least for myself to check the dipstick as I used the top hole from the stock Intake since I didn't use the breather on top

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I dont think very often. I used it one full day and it was completely empty. Just had a light film on the inside.

grumpygoat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I take possession of my 2020 195S this week and this thread was a lot of fun to read. Being a total novice with performance modifications, I'm wondering what performance gains (power or otherwise) are to be had with the three main mods on this thread:
  • Blow off valve
  • Oil catch can
  • Cold air intake
I have a basic understanding of what each part does, but not sure how the job it performs translates to gains. Aesthetically though, these posts look awesome, especially when the components are color matched.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I went for the red :)

Is it normal for there be barely enough room for the intake tube to clear?
Mine is basically sitting on the intake tube, they are definitely touching. Hope that is not an issue, if it is, guess I can try to zip tie the intake tube a little closer to the hull. If it's not an issue, I will just leave it

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Ya mine is also. Seems ok though.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I take possession of my 2020 195S this week and this thread was a lot of fun to read. Being a total novice with performance modifications, I'm wondering what performance gains (power or otherwise) are to be had with the three main mods on this thread:
  • Blow off valve
  • Oil catch can
  • Cold air intake
I have a basic understanding of what each part does, but not sure how the job it performs translates to gains. Aesthetically though, these posts look awesome, especially when the components are color matched.
I am also a novice. Have yet to take mine out after I did all of this, hopefully this weekend weather permitting. The thread basically explains what all 3 do, the BOV saves/prevents your super charger clutch by blowing off all of the excess pressure. The air filter has to be changed out on 2018 and older models so the BOV can fit, plus it can't hurt performance obviously, and gives you much more room in the engine bay as well. The catch can catches all of the nasty oil gunk and whatever else and only puts clean air back in. Don't know if I explained all of that right but that's how I interpreted it. Griswold seems to be the mastermind here, I am just a student of the game right now😁. I'm not sure it will give me any performance enhancement in general, but I know it will help with the longevity of my engine, and save my super charger clutch from ever needing to be replaced, which in IMO for the around $300 price of everything here and a few hours of time gives me piece of mind and makes it well worth it.

Last edited:

ScottS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
@Crob83
Just to clarify for everyone. Supercharger, not a turbocharger. Hope everything worked out. Let us know your impressions!

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
@Crob83
Just to clarify for everyone. Supercharger, not a turbocharger. Hope everything worked out. Let us know your impressions!
Ya man I know that. Sorry for the typo! Thanks for clearing that up

sikm3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Pardon my ignorance regarding BOVs, but would the 35 mm BOV work? Does it have physically smaller outer dimensions? I understand the concept of why a BOV is beneficial, just not sure what the pros/cons would be of the 35 vs 50 mm. I'd like to retain my stock airbox. Thanks.
The size of the BOV is dependent on the engine size and boost. 35mm BOV is plenty for the 1.8l SHO engine.

sikm3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Curious about the little breather filter on top of the catch can. Wouldn't a closed system provide more efficient crankcase pressure evacuation? I've seen many forced induction engines in the auto world utilizing catch cans that aren't vented. Not wanting to start a debate, just wanting to know the rationale. It seems that pulling a constant vacuum on the crankcase while filtering/catching the gasses would be the best of both worlds. What am I missing?

Here is some good reading:

I'll be running my setup with the provided bolt in lieu of the breather.
I'm not running a breather on top of my catch can. Don't want the vapors circulating in my engine bay.

Wake_Dude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The size of the BOV is dependent on the engine size and boost. 35mm BOV is plenty for the 1.8l SHO engine.
Agreed. I ended up going with the 50 mm and got lucky with the 2019 design change on the intake tube. I have no clearance issues at all. If I had a 2018 or older I would definitely have gone with the 35 mm.

I'm not running a breather on top of my catch can. Don't want the vapors circulating in my engine bay.
Me either. This is definitely one of the reasons, among other benefits.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
What are the benefits to the filter on top? I noticed the fizzle catch can also uses a filter.