• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Listen up SVHO engine owners...

Griswold

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you i run the stock configuration and dont have a clue between what hose i need to put this catch can with mounting i am ok i will find a place just show me exactly which hose i have to use please
Just the stock hose running from the crank case and for this side just standard 5/8 in automotive hose from the auto parts store. :)

Attachments

1kennymc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
C4156D43-346A-4B09-85DE-96EFE310DF29.jpegSoi need to pit it between here yes?

Griswold

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 119931Soi need to pit it between here yes?
Your stock hose runs between those 2 points. Rather, your stock hose instead goes from that bottom part there in the back (the crank) to the oil extractor and then you install an additional hose from the oil extractor to the air intake tube. So imagine it like you’re just cutting a hole in a long hose and putting the oil extractor in the middle of those 2 points. :)

Attachments

1kennymc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Your stock hose runs between those 2 points. Rather, your stock hose instead goes from that bottom part there in the back (the crank) to the oil extractor and then you install an additional hose from the oil extractor to the air intake tube. So imagine it like you’re just cutting a hole in a long hose and putting the oil extractor in the middle of those 2 points. :)
Thank you now its all clear i am going to order the part is there everything i needin the kit? And also what oil filter do you use i know its a k&n but what part # thanks again

DeeKranze

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you now its all clear i am going to order the part is there everything i needin the kit? And also what oil filter do you use i know its a k&n but what part # thanks again
The K&N oil filter is part # hp-1002. Fits perfect

Griswold

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
From what I've seen in diesel/automotive applications the stuff the catch can catches is pretty nasty. I wouldn't put it back in the engine. And the blow by that the engine is creating is running through the intake and most likely going through the combustion process, not returning to the oil. So, in my mind you're already losing a little bit of oil due to blow by, so just maintaining your oil level with new oil seems like it would be more ideal.
Agree. After having used this for a month or so now I can attest that what does end up in there needs to come out. That said when it fills up w gunk I’ve just been dumping this into my oil extractor at home so when I eventually get around to my next oil change I’ll take this garbage to Autozone and dump it.

Griswold

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put a breather tube. I know a catch can is better though. Does the breather ever need to be cleaned?
I would clean the oil mist off my Riva breather after each outing...I would just slip the clamp off, blast it w the power washer and leave it in the truck to dry before my next outing.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Nice mods. Did you put that K&N sticker on there? Also did you do ribbon delete? You have 18 so I assume had to be cut out :(

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I just got my '18 195 about a month ago, and I must admit I am super confused if I need this item or not

Griswold

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just got my '18 195 about a month ago, and I must admit I am super confused if I need this item or not
Any forced induction motor is going to create some amount of blow-by. If you’ve done the ribbon delete, CAI, TB spacers etc, you’re going to be creating more boost and more boost = more blow-by. My advice is get one and you’ll preserve your engine while optimizing performance.

DeeKranze

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice mods. Did you put that K&N sticker on there? Also did you do ribbon delete? You have 18 so I assume had to be cut out :(
Have not done ribbon delete as I have heard it would need to be cut out on the 18 and I do not want to go down that road just yet. And yes I put the sticker on mainly because I am a dork and thought it was a cool spot for it. :p it is just a $30 catch can off of Amazon like @Griswold linked on here earlier. With a small modification, I was able to attach it directly where the holes are for the stock airbox was. I just used a nut and bolt and attached it, but a heavy duty zip tie would secure enough I am sure. I can add more pics if any would like to see.

DeeKranze

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is a super easy mod to do and cheap. I like the idea of knowing just how much oil it will catch to see where I may be losing some from the motor and in turn, how my oil is breaking down.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Nice! For that blow off valve you had to drill in to the manifold though correct? I really like your mods :thumbsup:

DeeKranze

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice! For that blow off valve you had to drill in to the manifold though correct? I really like your mods :thumbsup:
I did not have to drill into manifold, the fizzle BOV kit come with the hose and T adapter to tie right into the map sensor vacuum line. I just cut that small line in half and put the T adapter with zip ties securely attached and that was it. Very easy install.

Last edited:

DeeKranze

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will add, the kit does come with another fitting if you do in fact want to drill into manifold...but not needed in this case.