• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Livewell fill intake FSH 190

2MinutesForHooking

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So took the boat out for first run of the spring here in Michigan, had some livewell issues filling it up. I think the main issue is the valve inside the livewell actually has an open/close switch that wasn’t fully open. But in investing I was checking out the pump and realized that the pump is connected inside the engine compartment to the hull. But I cannot find where it is actually bringing in the water from the outside, does anyone have picture of how the water is brought in by the fill pump?

Attachments

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The black valve is a thruhull that is were it comes in

2MinutesForHooking

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Okay the thru Hull must be right where the trailer bunk sits I was climbing around underneath looking for it and found nothing

dlkhmk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Yes. Yamaha put the thru hull right where it sits on the bunk. If you look when it’s off the trailer you will see an indent in the bunk carpet. Not sure if this was a wise move by Yamaha??? Guess time will tell.

2MinutesForHooking

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ahh okay well when the water isn’t 39° maybe I’ll swim around down there and take a look haha

dlkhmk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
It’s a pain but if you have two people stand on the starboard side while you pull on the trailer the boat will sit off center a few inches and you should be able to see it. Then just back in and refloat to center her back on the trailer. Like I said it’s a pain but an option.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Where are you located at in Michigan?

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I actually have a video of the under side while I was swimming (In Lake Michigan by the way) with a close up of the intake. I was curious how it looked after many, many thousands of trailered miles riding on that bunk board.
I'll have to find the video and capture a clip for posting.
Give me a day or two.

2MinutesForHooking

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Makes me curious if that’s one of the culprits on why I get water in my bilge all the time though. I have pulled and resealed so many places but didn’t even realize that was there

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
My first guess would be no. I've looked all around that thing while the boat is sitting in the water and that area is always dry. I think they've got that "below waterline" accessory sealed up pretty good.

I fought the wet bilge/changing area almost as much as anyone and have done a great deal of sealing as well.
The one thing I haven't done that many have is add the little drains to the seat/hatch drain rails.

Unless your boat sits perfectly level (mine does not) any rain water that gets in those grooves is going to overflow the little raised rail either forward or aft based on the attitude of the boat. Sitting in the water, I'm a little bow down with the trolling motor, the porta-potty, and the trolling motor batteries all forward of center.
Sitting on the trailer, obviously a little bow up.

My boat is garaged unless I'm on vacation. In Wisconsin, it's on the trailer overnight so any rainwater floods the back section under the seats and finds it's way down to the bilge. In Florida I'm sitting in the water overnight, so any rainwater overflows the front compartment rails, soaks everything in the front storage area, and then flow to the changing room floor. Down there, my first chore most mornings is to muck out the changing area before we start the day. After that and if there's no rain, my boat actually stays quite dry.

If you haven't done the anchor locker drain yet, that's an absolute must.

You've probably seen this already if you've done a little research, but this video shows how bad my deck drains and front cooler drains leaked before I fixed them.

Good luck and have fun and pray this stupid pandemic gets mellowed out soon.
I just canceled my April trip to Destin two days ago. Still kinda PO'd about that one. Hoping to head back to WI this summer (It's still home in my mind) if things get better.

2MinutesForHooking

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah we’re in a holding pattern for our Marco Island trip right now as well, supposed to be down there in 3 weeks but that’s about as good as gone at this point. Luckily I can fish alone during this lockdown, otherwise I might start fishing in my basement aquarium I’m not sure haha

I have seen your video. And I did my best on the anchor locker, redid the hull drain plugs which I still don’t trust the plastic twist in plugs themselves not loosening and leaking over time in the lake.

My water fills the outer hull up to the bilge and then gets pumped out. If it gets too full then it actually fills forward into the changing room, I’ve figured that out through trial and error.

I really don’t mind a little water here and there in some places, I just have an issue when my bulge pump is always running after a long day, it shouldn’t need to rid water as often as it does. I chases this all last season and the last thing I wanna do is pay labor rates for someone to investigate. As this season gets going I’ll be back at it trying to find the culprit, who knows at this point though

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I didn't like the plastic plugs either...gone and replaced with bronze.
Marco is nice. Nine years since we were there last. Coming from out west, going around the big bend adds a lot of driving for us. Destin has been our go-to for a long time now. Spring storms are a little more frequent up there but the beaches can't be beat.
Best of luck.