• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Locked icon

My media screen shows all locked icons beside all media options so no media will work

• Help with my connext screen

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Locked icons on media screen

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Robert d remy jr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My media screen on my connext system has locked icons beside all buttons. How do i unlock it so the radio works?

CraigLombardi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Figured it out though it is weird that it does it. I just turned off my boat and switched the battery power off and then on. Unlocked the settings.

Robert d remy jr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Figured it out though it is weird that it does it. I just turned off my boat and switched the battery power off and then on. Unlocked the settings.
I tried that. I worked once but not again. Still having the same trouble. I’m told that the head unit on the swim deck runs the system but can’t get it to power up?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Voltage may be the issue. Common for dealer to miss hooking up the small black wire from the dvsr to ground on the batteries. This prevents the house battery from getting a charge with the engines running and if no shore charger it is just draining and never charging.

tek4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Craig, on the 2018s, an easier way for you to unlock the sources, when the head unit (HU) is powering up correctly, is to use the button on the connext screen to turn the radio off, wait a couple seconds and turn it back on. For a full HU reset leave it off for two minutes, but in most cases a couple seconds will work. The issue here is in the lag in CAN communication between the Fusion HU and the Connext display.

Robert, for the head unit not powering up on the swim deck, use the button on the HU to try and power it up. If that works then there is something wrong with the CAN communication between the Connext display and the Fusion HU. Most common thing to check here, is to remove the HU from the swim deck and check the yellow cable with the round connector. Make sure it is not cross-threaded on the HU. If it does not work then there are a couple things you can check by taking the HU out of the swim deck. First, it has a 15 Amp fuse, so make sure it has not blown. Second, make sure that in the large connector on top of the HU when looking at the back of it the red and black wires all the way to the left of the connector have not pulled out of the HU.

Let me know, if any of this information helps.

CraigLombardi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So a bit of background. As this is a new boat to me I was working on setting up with bluetooth. I accidentally pushed the "audio off" button on the connect and all audio went off with lock icons next to all audio functions. Thinking it was as simple as pushing the "audio on" button, I did this and the lock icon remained.

tek4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So a bit of background. As this is a new boat to me I was working on setting up with bluetooth. I accidentally pushed the "audio off" button on the connect and all audio went off with lock icons next to all audio functions. Thinking it was as simple as pushing the "audio on" button, I did this and the lock icon remained.
Honestly, you were correct in thinking that it should have been as simple as pushing the "Turn on" button. I am unsure why it did not work for you. If I think of anything. I will let you know. Note, the USB will always show a lock, if nothing is plugged into it.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
i have something plugged in but it still shows locked icon next to it

CraigLombardi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Turn your power off at the battery, wait 5-10 seconds and switch it back on.

Abdo xmizran

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Other
I have a yamaha jet boat242xe there is a lock next to the bluetooth and aux and radio I want a solution I can't play songs
please reply fast
Thank you

CraigLombardi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a yamaha jet boat242xe there is a lock next to the bluetooth and aux and radio I want a solution I can't play songs
please reply fast
Thank you
Turn the mail power switches off and leave off for about 20 seconds then power everything back on. That will fix it. FYI, the stereo controller is at the swim deck. Someone probably powered it off there. That is ultimately how you power it on and off but if you want the quick fix, just power all off then on

CraigLombardi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Turn the mail power switches off and leave off for about 20 seconds then power everything back on. That will fix it. FYI, the stereo controller is at the swim deck. Someone probably powered it off there. That is ultimately how you power it on and off but if you want the quick fix, just power all off then on
...power switches at the battery

CraigLombardi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
On my boat (2018, 242LS) it is the unit located next to the swim platform.

CraigLombardi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you want music now just cycle the power off and on at the battery.

bhatti20

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Other
Hi I have a 242XE I am having an issue with the media screen on my connext system, it has locked icons beside all buttons. I can not power it on or off from the context screen. However, at the swim platform, it is working fine.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi I have a 242XE I am having an issue with the media screen on my connext system, it has locked icons beside all buttons. I can not power it on or off from the context screen. However, at the swim platform, it is working fine.
Please update your boat information. It is not accurate. It will help us help you.