• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Logo Competition

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We would like everyone who is interested in designing a logo for the forum to submit their favorite designs with one logo per post. Then the rest of us without design talent and the designers can use the like button to like all of the designs that we like. If possible it would be nice to have the logo in two formats included in the same post. One would be banner styled to be placed in the area at the top of screen where the cursive JetBoaters.net text is displayed. The second would be a 100x100 pixel logo that will be used in Facebook posts.

On the 10th of each month the logo with the most likes will be installed as the forum logo.

Ok guys, this is the thread for submission. Julian will create a separate thread for voting.

Thank you

Last edited:

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll take a stab at it. This would work better for your facebook page.

Logo 1.jpg

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Arrrrrr! Got my vote

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I like the simple line art logos like

or

or

We'd have to come up with our own obviously, but that would be something I would put on my truck or boat

simple line art with the URL

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This could be modified for the logo. This is a layout that I created.
Really like this one as it looks most similar to our boats without violating any copyright. I think on top of the logo where it says Wood Island could be replaced with the words JET BOATS and below the logo where it says Boat Club could be replaced with our website address. That would pretty much say it all.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yep, may be able to doll it up a tad with font color and size...but that is exactly what I was talking about @Williamsone46 and glad you got on board! I liked the "yamaha" colors and swooshes as it doesn't take anything from them, and ties us to them.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Williamsone46....that looks fantastic!! Let's get this done so I can get one on my boat, body and around my beer!!!

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Sounds like you saved me the work of creating one and submitting it :)

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Yep, may be able to doll it up a tad with font color and size...but that is exactly what I was talking about @Williamsone46 and glad you got on board! I liked the "yamaha" colors and swooshes as it doesn't take anything from them, and ties us to them.
Here are a few little tweaks. But let me know what you would like changed and I will get it done.

Jetboater.net.jpg

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I too like this logo, however if you are wanting to keep Yamaha colors, they switched to red and white over a year ago.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like you saved me the work of creating one and submitting it :)

Don't let that slow you down! I think it's a great logo, but I would still like to see more. (But just for a little while, I don't want this to take 5 years! ;))

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yeah, I like the old Yamaha logo colors too.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I thought about that too Murf...but even that site has a history and a bond that brought all of us together. It is indeed the membership that makes up a site...and while I may like a certain thing...I am good going with what is chosen by the membership!

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think it looks pretty good. Why not run it in the site header for a bit with the "logo contest" link beside it?..see what feedback we all give.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I would like to keep comments out of this thread to make it easier to browse through the logos.

Thank you
Just hitting the like button doesn't appear to be enough positive reinforcement for great looking designs, I propose we put the top (or all) liked designs in a thread with no comments and either do a poll or another most likes win scenario. I fear that as this thread explodes the later arrivals will get less views.

and I apologize for adding another comment ;)

Edit: and one more thing, as more members join more designs and feedback will come in. Bruce said he wanted this in the spring, well without setting a date, spring is from March 21st to June 21st so we have a lot of time.