• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Logo Competition

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
yes lanyard is a great idea. nothing like a run a way jet boat. Very cool picture

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I guess I'm going to have to grow a pair and try that this year...without my better half...she would freak!!

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess I'm going to have to grow a pair and try that this year...without my better half...she would freak!!
I agree! We got our boat late last summer and I never had a chance to take the boat out by myself to see what she can really do. Everytime I would get above 35mph my wife would scream slow down!

@DoubleThrust that is a great picture!

Joshb723

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I agree! We got our boat late last summer and I never had a chance to take the boat out by myself to see what she can really do. Everytime I would get above 35mph my wife would scream slow down!

@DoubleThrust that is a great picture!
My wife does the same thing and now she's pregnant again, so she always gives me a few minutes by myself at the end to go crazy.

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here's my two cents. Take the JB logo and instead of the star incorporate crossbones from the Jolly Roger. Something along the logo for my VW gang

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Edited to apologize for the hihack about the spins...I actually didn't even realize I was in that thread, was just responding to a post!

I am a pretty lame boater. My dad told me years ago, and I have since discovered, that the old equipment lasts longer the better you take care of it. Same with boats. So I was a little hesitant and slow to get into the spins and I just would never do a submarine move...all that nasty water (no matter how clean it is) inside my boat!

All of that to say, that Toby, my salesman when I bought the boat, showed me a few spins when we went for a demo. He told me a few things and I will share them with you too. First off, as @DoubleThrust and @fairpilot said...wear the lanyard! I don't know what is causing the small font but can't correct without closing the forum and reopening, so I am pressing on and my apologies. So the lanyard is a must, if you bounce over a wave in the process, you can lose your seat and indeed, you don't want the boat running away uncontrolled! Work up to them, don't just start off at WOT and cranking it over hard. Do them at about 30-35mph, then work up to faster speeds. If the waters surface is choppy, this can make for a rough and bouncy spin but once you have done a few, you will know what is best to avoid. Always spin doing a right turn with passengers in the boat, because it will press them against the wall they are sitting against. Now you will be sliding out of your seat, so you must get "planted" as mentioned, and hang on! A spin is a WOT maneuver anyway, so you don't have to have your right hand on the throttles and can hang onto the windshield or any handle you can find as well as your left hand on the wheel. You will get fancy with this using power and steering to try to shape the turn, but really, your doing a 180 degree turn in not much distance at all! These are perfectly safe if you prepare not only yourself but your passengers! And consider the cautions mentioned above. But if your doing them in choppy water, you will flex the hull and everything in the boat, putting wear and tear on it beyond what many might consider "normal". The boats can take it, but everything can get loose including seams and fasteners, and I always wanted my boat to last, so I didn't abuse her. A spin isn't abusive...unless it is. Have fun with it, but maybe mom to be should wait it out until the baby is a toddler...then he/she will be screaming..."daddy, do it again!"

End hijack...again, sorry!

Last edited:

motorboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@txav8r...I will definitely try this by my lonesome first and at a lower speed. I have a waverunner, VX110, and I have a lot of fun on it especially in the late evenings or early mornings when I have the lake to myself. There are times on Table Rock when I have gotten up and taken ride on the waverunner and able to drink coffee while riding. Water is like glass in the early mornings, sometimes. The only other folks out are bass fisherman and the occasional hard-core skier. Just wish they made some kind of cruise control for my ski. Anyway, thanks for info and I always wear my lanyard.

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I wanted to get some quick samples out. I am working on some more detailed designs and will submit later.

JetBoaters2.jpg JetBoaters3.jpg JetBoaters1.jpg

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Wow! Nice boat stuff!

DawgDaze

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The logo looks fantastic!

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry for not having an example here, but does anyone remember the stickers that Poqonosquad made last year? It was a line drawing representing the boats, a 242LS in my case. I have the stickers on both my truck and car. It would make for an awesome logo with the board name scrolled underneath it.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry for not having an example here, but does anyone remember the stickers that Poqonosquad made last year? It was a line drawing representing the boats, a 242LS in my case. I have the stickers on both my truck and car. It would make for an awesome logo with the board name scrolled underneath it.
I don't remember those. I must have missed that one. Can you post a pic?

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don't remember those. I must have missed that one. Can you post a pic?
I swiped these from the original thread on that other site, hope the originator doesn't mind.

IMG_9776.jpg IMG_9585_2.jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Uploading a couple more with a boat theme. Still working on a couple other themes and will upload later.

JetBoaters4.jpg JetBoaters7.jpg JetBoaters11.jpg JetBoaters12.jpg JetBoaters13.jpg