• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Looking at a new boat tomorrow!

I wakesurf a 23ft Malibu EVERY year down on Alatoona. . . . . And they certainly have their advantages for the surfing sports. But even with filled internal ballasts, a few folks, pwr wedge, surf gate, etc. . . . There are still bags out on the seat. They also get bogged down with all that weight. It's a LOT of money to spend regardless of which way you go. Just be sure to do it for the right reasons, not just what you are selling yourself on which is easy to do with flashy new toys (ask me how I know). ;)

@OrangeTJ makes a very good point. Most of these boats sit low at the bow and can take a tremendous amount of water over the bow if not careful. There was a Malibu on the Malibu forum that sunk when he slowed down and turned into his own surf wave.
But if watersports is your thing, then there nothing better.
My brother is shopping for a new MC X25. I'm just as excited as he is.

It's awesome when you can play with other peoples toys for a change isn't it?

It's awesome when you can play with other peoples toys for a change isn't it?

It sure is.
I'm fortunate to have the opportunities to hang out with a variety of boats as most of our family friends have all different kinds. But to soon have an MC x25 in the family is a HUGE plus.

Last edited:
I wakesurf a 23ft Malibu EVERY year down on Alatoona. . . . . And they certainly have their advantages for the surfing sports. But even with filled internal ballasts, a few folks, pwr wedge, surf gate, etc. . . . There are still bags out on the seat. They also get bogged down with all that weight. It's a LOT of money to spend regardless of which way you go. Just be sure to do it for the right reasons, not just what you are selling yourself on which is easy to do with flashy new toys (ask me how I know). ;)

Okay, I'll bite, how do you know?

I will say that the particular boat I'm looking at has the biggest engine available, so bogging down shouldn't be an issue.

Okay, I'll bite, how do you know?

I will say that the particular boat I'm looking at has the biggest engine available, so bogging down shouldn't be an issue.

You don't need the biggest engine with these boats....
....others will chime in, but the Right Prop for the Job will tug the weight just fine..
... You will lose top end speed , but your efficiency Surfing will improve

You don't need the biggest engine with these boats....
....others will chime in, but the Right Prop for the Job will tug the weight just fine..
... You will lose top end speed , but your efficiency Surfing will improve

The boat has a torque prop installed, so I would lose a bit on top speed, but much better pull.

Back