• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Looking at a new boat tomorrow!

I have even sold my wife on a different boat...that was a hard sell after I talked about how safe the Yamaha was for the family when were first boat a boat. She didn't understand that the prop was under the boat. She was worried that the kids could get cut up.

Good for you. Usually the hardest part of making such a move is the WIFE! Or the Financial Advisor/Account Analyst/CFO as we call her in my house.
The bitch part for me is my wife really is a Budget Analyst! She TOUGH!

@jdiaz78 , my thoughts were if you were trading boats to get an automatic ballast system, you certainly could set up a better and more automated system in your Yamaha. But I get that the 210 is probably underpowered with a big load. I do think that any boat with a couple thousand pounds in ballast and surfers on board is going to be sagging, so while your 210 may be, a 240 or 212 probably is as capable as a dedicated wake boat in terms of the umph when loaded for wake. I also think from a comparisons sake, that a 212 with automated bags, perfect pass, and the wedge may be pretty much ahead of one of those boats when you consider all the wake boat is good for is wake sports and loses hands down as a cruising boat, sand bar boat, party boat, entertaining boat, etc. Not trying to change your mind, just thinking out loud here. If you can get the boats more apples to apples, what would you be missing and would it be so much that you wanted to spend that kind of money? I have ridden on those boats but never surfed them (never surfed period behind a boat), I just think as an all around boat they are horribly uncomfortable, but there may be vast improvements since riding in a Sanger, or the Sanger may not be the boat these others are...dunno, but for a few grand, you can make a Yamaha automated and dialed in, big difference in that cost and a dedicated wake boat that is only a wake boat. I am guessing you have thought of all of this and "just looking" to see what your options are and how best to make a better wave.

I don't see how a wake boat is a bad party/entertaining boat. They tend to have very spacious cockpits with nice wrap-around seating, awesome sound systems, water level swim deck, excellent build quality & fit/finish, etc. Those that I've been on have also been MUCH quieter underway than our Yamaha, although hopefully the 2015 240s have sufficiently fixed that issue. They lose out in bow space and shallow water operation/anchoring though. That's a big deal to me because I don't want my family to have to swim in from 100 feet out when we anchor at a beach with a shallow approach! Sangers tend to be very flat bottomed so I'm not surprised the ride was uncomfortable. Models with more pronounced V carried the length of the hull do OK, though. Also, surfing is HUGE fun and the ability to switch sides quickly/instantly is a very pronounced advantage of the latest surf-oriented boats.

Oh, yeah..also expect to cruise in the 20's rather than 30's on any of these boats propped for surfing. It's cool how you can swap props on those boats for different performance characteristics, though.

Good info! I thought all the wake boats were a pretty shallow hull and rode bad. I also know getting into and out of the Sanger wasn't hard, it just wasn't a walk thru with a big swim platform like the Yamaha.

Yeah, the surfing craze has pretty dramatically changed these boats. Many of today's surf-oriented wake boats ride pretty deep and have some actual freeboard. Not many years ago, they were much shallower & lower. I think its an evolution from the dedicated slalom ski boats, to "multi sport" hybrid type boats, to wakeboarding boats to wakesurfing boats.

I have been on some wake boats and I could have a normal conversation while people were boarding and surfing. I was amazed by this. Don't get me wrong, my Yamaha is a great boat, I just blame this board for getting me interested in surfing...which makes me want a surf boat :mad:

Crazy concept....being able to actually talk to and hear your boatmates without shouting while underway! Whodathunkit?

Surf boats are great but for where and how I boat I need the shallow water aspect of the jet, or even an I/O. Not to knock surf boats but most of the ones I have seen that make a huge wake are full to the brim with extra ballast bags on the seats. They sure are built nice though. Far superior build and quality. Cam.

As a Malibu shareholder, I am checking in this afternoon - before taking a swim in my personal 19,000 acre swimming pool - that I TOTALLY ENDORSE ALL OF THE ACTIONS, TRAVELS and ANTICIPATED ACTIONS of @jdiaz78 !

Goooo Malibu - Goooooooooooooooooooo ! LOL !

Ok . I am off to swim with my Bride of 45 years. Later. Y'all play nicely now.
Mikey Lulejian - Livin' the Dream on Lake Oconee, GA

Worth noting that they do negotiate A LOT on those boats. My friend who ended up with the T22 was initially looking at a brand new Malibu 23 LSV. List was close to $100K. Dealer's best offer was something like $76K. That's serious money no matter how you slice it, but it's also a serious price reduction from MSRP.

@MikeyL if you are a shareholder, maybe you can hook me up with a big discount :winkingthumbsup"

Phunny, Phunny Man !
My only REAL comment is: Please buy a Malibu because there are larger profit margins and profit dollars.
Please adopt a new Motto: "SPEND ! SPEND ! SPEND !"

Have a great day, and a safe trip and please empty your bank account out while you're @ the dealer !
Best WIshes, Mikey Lulejian - Going off to smoke some chicken on his Lang offset smoker using Hickory !

Last edited:
@OrangeTJ If you want to control and dial in the speed on you Yamaha....PerfectPass is your friend and savior of many marriages! No way I could surf or wake board behind my boat without it!

I have even sold my wife on a different boat...that was a hard sell after I talked about how safe the Yamaha was for the family when were first boat a boat. She didn't understand that the prop was under the boat. She was worried that the kids could get cut up.

One of the big advantages is a Wake boat tends to leave most of the boat usable, we never had any Ballast bags on seats or in Storage lockers that gave up space we needed.

Our X-30 rode more solid that our 242LS, the 242 could travel in rougher water at a higher speed. .... But we don't go out in Rough water much....so

I'm getting an older X-2 hull. I rode and surf in another's last weekend.
It rode g00d. Solid feel too.
He also had a Malibu type Gate on it that made the Boat Surf without listing.
Good bang for the $$$

@jdiaz78.314 if you come to STL to look at boats, look us up. StateAMind is a good dealer, I bought a different product, but if you love to surf, a dedicated surf boat does bring you a lot of nice features. To each his own on what is most important to them. Good luck on your hunt!

Well, I looked at a 2015 Axis T22 and a 2014 A24. They didn't have a 2015 A22 in stock yet. I liked both boats a lot. I couldn't believe how big a 24 foot boat is compared to mine. @007 I was a StateAMind. I was dealing with Andrew. They are going to work up some numbers for me and see what time works best for me to purchase.

Well, I looked at a 2015 Axis T22 and a 2014 A24. They didn't have a 2015 A22 in stock yet. I liked both boats a lot. I couldn't believe how big a 24 foot boat is compared to mine. @007 I was a StateAMind. I was dealing with Andrew. They are going to work up some numbers for me and see what time works best for me to purchase.

" I couldn't believe how big a 24 foot boat is compared to mine."
a 24' Boat IS going to be much bigger, as Yamaha INCLUDES the Molded in Swim step as Part of the Length...as they must.

Our 23' MC was bigger than our 242 LS , just not more FreeBoard..... we could not figure out why..because the lower Boat profile was throwing us off..lol

Going from from you 21 to an AXIS 22 will be a decent leap in interior space..

Back