• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking at buying an AR195s

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Our thoughts are to purchase a lake lot/property and build a dock/boat house big enough to have an efficiency kitchen and bed. That way can can stay on the weekends and build a house when the timing is right.

devinstuart20

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
All of them :)

I have done air filter, Lucky 13 cone and removed the ribbon so far. Did a catch can but there isn't any improvement with that.
@jgourlie what is the purpose of the catch can? Did you remove the stock air filter assembly or just the box that it is connected to and put a performance air filter on it? Also how hard was the ribbon delete? Was the intake plastic? Any steering problems with adding the Lucky 13 cone? Also do you recommend a cobra steering system? What about an upgraded inter cooler with BOV? Programmer? Thank you for your insight.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
@devinstuart20 They are a couple of threads that discuss these modifications. You can search performance, fins et cetera. @jEt_jAk has a thread with some of these as well.

devinstuart20

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Another quick question, what does the trailer light plug in look like? I need to pre wire my truck and was curious if anyone has a pic of the trailer plug in? Thank you.

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@jgourlie what is the purpose of the catch can? Did you remove the stock air filter assembly or just the box that it is connected to and put a performance air filter on it? Also how hard was the ribbon delete? Was the intake plastic? Any steering problems with adding the Lucky 13 cone? Also do you recommend a cobra steering system? What about an upgraded inter cooler with BOV? Programmer? Thank you for your insight.
Catch can prevents the pcv air that has oil and gunk in it from going back into the supercharger and engine. When I removed the intake there was a thin coat of oil all over the inside of the intake. The catch can prevents that oil film ( just a preventative maintenance type thing)

I have a 192 so the ribbon delete was easier than I believe the 195 is, just took the manifold off and pulled the ribbon out, I believe the 195 has to be drilled out, but it was a noticeable improvement in speed and throttle response.

If you can afford it, I would do upgraded intercooler with built in bov and a programmer and you would have one sweet boat.

Just took the air box off and added a cone filter (no real performance improvement) it looks good though.

As for the lucky13 I added it at the end of the season so I haven't tried it yet, I will report back in the spring.

I have the Thrust Vector steering system similar to cobra, I am glad I have it, couldn't keep the boat straight without it (not sure which one is better, cobra or TV)

devinstuart20

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Catch can prevents the pcv air that has oil and gunk in it from going back into the supercharger and engine. When I removed the intake there was a thin coat of oil all over the inside of the intake. The catch can prevents that oil film ( just a preventative maintenance type thing)

I have a 192 so the ribbon delete was easier than I believe the 195 is, just took the manifold off and pulled the ribbon out, I believe the 195 has to be drilled out, but it was a noticeable improvement in speed and throttle response.

If you can afford it, I would do upgraded intercooler with built in bov and a programmer and you would have one sweet boat.

Just took the air box off and added a cone filter (no real performance improvement) it looks good though.

As for the lucky13 I added it at the end of the season so I haven't tried it yet, I will report back in the spring.

I have the Thrust Vector steering system similar to cobra, I am glad I have it, couldn't keep the boat straight without it (not sure which one is better, cobra or TV)
@jgourlie awesome upgrades! We just put the reservation payment on a 195s. So I am so thrilled. I have never owned a boat, but a gear head and want reliability and safe upgrades. I have a race car that is tricked out. So I know speed and reliability don’t work well together. Hence why I want small upgrades. It sounds like you hitting on what I want to do as well. Thank you for your knowledge. :)