• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking at used, what to look for?

Evan1499

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Currently on the list for a 2022 AR195 however a 2021 195S with only 11 hours just popped up for sale nearby at a fair price that would save me thousands Over the 2022+freight etc, going to look at it this afternoon, what should I look for? He says the first service was already performed. Any info greatly appreciated

Guess my first question for him would be why he wants out of it with only 11 hours...

Beyond that, probably the normal stuff: evidence of flooding, particularly in the engine compartment (water lines around the edge, check the air filters, etc.); water test it and see that it goes and stops and doesn't leak, etc. Check the oil for color (not milky) and smell it (no gas smell). Inspect the impellers (are they chopped up, bent, etc.).

Guess my first question for him would be why he wants out of it with only 11 hours...

Beyond that, probably the normal stuff: evidence of flooding, particularly in the engine compartment (water lines around the edge, check the air filters, etc.); water test it and see that it goes and stops and doesn't leak, etc. Check the oil for color (not milky) and smell it (no gas smell). Inspect the impellers (are they chopped up, bent, etc.).
Thanks I’ll check all that!
that was my exact first question and he says this was his first boat and he wants to upgrade to a 21ft. Believable, kind of lol

Some people learn the hard way. At 11 hours I’d look for any major damage points. Pay your local dealer to pull service history on it to see for anything funky. More than likely the story checks out though.

Try to look them up on facebook or instagram, they have have some posts about new boat.
Ask if they are a member on here. maybe, You can see what questions or problems they may have had.

I would still get it inspected by a Yamaha Dealer, there's nothing spending 200-300$ to make sure it is worth it !

When I purchased my used 2020 212s with 10hrs on It, I had a dealer perform an inspection. It cost me $200. The seller dropped the boat off at the dealer, after the dealer performed the inspection they called me with the report, I met the seller at the bank, purchased the boat and then I picked the boat up at the dealer. The inspection also needs to be done to transfer the YES warranty and that is when the dealer will try to sell you more warranty ?

All of the above are good questions. I always like to look at the rest of their stuff. Is the garage nice and orderly, how’s the yard, house look, well maintained? How about the cars/ tow vehicle, again well maintained? If all of their other toys and stuff looks well maintained and organized, chances are the boat is as well. Then, as mentioned above, why are they selling it, the answer to that is important. I bought a 2012 in 2015 with around 40 hours on it. Wife loved the boat and didn’t want to sell it, he liked the boat as well but found something with better lines in his opinion, house, yard, garage were immaculate. I didn’t even have him start the motors before I bought it and haven’t had any issues with it. Good luck!

Back