• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking for info on the Deluxe Premium Cover for '17+ AR190's.

Rascalrider

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
77401585-92F1-4591-822F-40C906ABC36B.jpeg
Here’s mine on the SX190. Good quality cover.

icemanj16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Make sure you actually get the "deluxe premium cover" and not just the premium cover then you will get the fuel door zipper.

Deluxe premium cover specs: AR190/195 2019
MAR-190TR-BK-19
  • Sur Last® high-performance solution-dyed poly constructed for mooring cover application includes enhanced durable water repellent and fungicide with mold and mildew resistant treatment
  • Patented Vacu-Hold™ Strapless Tow System eliminates billowing and buffeting, cover travels conforming to shape of boat
  • Self-supporting Anti-Pooling System (APS) to keep water from pooling on the cover; carpet-friendly feet on the poles
  • EZ Release® Dual 304 Stainless Steel Ratchet Tightening System, pre-tensioned and ready to ratchet upon installation
  • Compression-molded ratchet boot with protective plastic liner
  • Custom-molded cleat doors
  • Custom-molded fuel door

Premium Tower Mooring Cover - 19 FT : AR190/195 2019
MAR-190TR-CH-19

• Standard Sur Last® high-performance solution-dyed polyester fabric specifically constructed for mooring cover application
  • Patented Vacu-Hold™ Strapless Tow System eliminates billowing and buffeting so cover conforms to the shape of the boat
  • Self-supporting Anti-Pooling System (APS) keeps water from pooling on the cover with a carpet friendly foot on APS
  • EZ Release® Dual 304 Stainless Steel Ratchet Tightening System, pre-tensioned and ready to ratchet upon installation

Notice the last two are missing on this one. This almost got me and the dealer didnt know there was a difference and thought it was only in color.
To confusing!

https://d2y27enpay2u3z.cloudfront.net/images/CatalogImage/Get/ZNaNbCEVhPTJE8loZkKmvjIUe1S2RU-ZPWDuUneXPko1.jpg?width=1200

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Make sure you actually get the "deluxe premium cover" and not just the premium cover then you will get the fuel door zipper.

Deluxe premium cover specs: AR190/195 2019
MAR-190TR-BK-19
  • Sur Last® high-performance solution-dyed poly constructed for mooring cover application includes enhanced durable water repellent and fungicide with mold and mildew resistant treatment
  • Patented Vacu-Hold™ Strapless Tow System eliminates billowing and buffeting, cover travels conforming to shape of boat
  • Self-supporting Anti-Pooling System (APS) to keep water from pooling on the cover; carpet-friendly feet on the poles
  • Custom-molded cleat doors
  • Custom-molded fuel door

Premium Tower Mooring Cover - 19 FT : AR190/195 2019
MAR-190TR-CH-19

• Standard Sur Last® high-performance solution-dyed polyester fabric specifically constructed for mooring cover application
  • Patented Vacu-Hold™ Strapless Tow System eliminates billowing and buffeting so cover conforms to the shape of the boat
  • Self-supporting Anti-Pooling System (APS) keeps water from pooling on the cover with a carpet friendly foot on APS
Notice the last two are missing on this one. This almost got me and the dealer didnt know there was a difference and thought it was only in color.
To confusing!

https://d2y27enpay2u3z.cloudfront.net/images/CatalogImage/Get/ZNaNbCEVhPTJE8loZkKmvjIUe1S2RU-ZPWDuUneXPko1.jpg?width=1200

Looks like they changed it again for 2019 to have the fuel door cover.

I ordered MAR-190TR-BK-16 for a 2017 boat, and do NOT have the fuel door cover.

Yamaha must have been pressed for time to get the '17 model boats out or something. No helm access door, no fuel door on the fancy cover. Wonder what else is different/missing on these model years?

Chris Kasz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Purchasd this one on Amazon for a 2018 AR190, fuel filler opening included.

Chris Kasz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Do you remember what part number you bought?

Gotta be some rhyme or reason to the now mysterious fuel filler opening.
Part number: MAR-190TR-BK-16

scubasteve87

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you sir.

I ordered the same PN and don't have the fuel door access......

WTF Yamaha?
This is really weird on odd and now has me slightly worried. Perhaps its an issue with covers being different for an SX v R and where the opening for the tower causes an issue with the fuel filler door? I'm grasping at straws on this actually.

I just bought the deluxe premium cover my by 2018 SX195, part number MAR-190BK-NT-14 from Yamaha sports plaza. It has shipped so I expect it within the next week or so and will report back. Very odd that it is different among purchases despite the same part number.

scubasteve87

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry I haven't updated sooner, but I can confirm the cover for a 2018 SX195 I ordered from Yamaha Sports Plaza DID have the fuel door cut out.

The order code was:

Deluxe Premium Non-Tower Mooring Cover
Item #MAR-190BK-NT-14

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No worries on reply time. We've all got lives outside of the internet :D:D

In other thoughts.....I filled up on Fuel with the new cover. It's not as simple as unzipping a door, but it's really not overly complicated to remove the cover slightly to get at the fuel door. Still seems like an oversight, and I wish I had the Fuel Door Access built in, but it's certainly NOT the PIA I thought it would be.

Some other thoughts....

Towed with it two days this weekend. Probably around 250 miles total with the cover on. Did NOT use the poles while trailering. No flapping or any of that kinda of movement. Cover remained nice and taut throught all the trips.

The cover is somewhat "hydrophobic" on it's own. It beaded water immediately as I was covering the boat in a rainstorm on Sunday (3rd Memorial Day in a row I've been caught in a downpour). Once driving in the pseudo-monsoon the rain continued to fly off the cover at speed, however the sides became soaked with water from the trucks spray and stopped beading. The interior was too soaked to have any idea if the cover leaked on the inside or not.....The cover did dry nice and quick as the sum came out once we made the 90min drive home in the rain though......yes that made me both happy (yay dry cover), and mad (boo, sunny again and we're not on the water)....

Overall I'm pretty pleased with it at this point.

icemanj16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
@2kwik4u any concerns with scratching or damage to the hull from the cover in any areas? Did you put anything on the window frame while towing to protect the cover rubbing the frame? I appreciate your write up as i a have a 4+ hour drive coming up this summer and was debating using the shipping cover vs. the premium cover.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@2kwik4u any concerns with scratching or damage to the hull from the cover in any areas? Did you put anything on the window frame while towing to protect the cover rubbing the frame? I appreciate your write up as i a have a 4+ hour drive coming up this summer and was debating using the shipping cover vs. the premium cover.
If you still have the shipping cover in decent condition I would use that. It has a much nicer interior liner than the black cover. The only reason I moved to the fancy black cover from the shipping cover was wear. My shipping cover was quickly deteriorating, and had already been patched a few times with white duct tape. It served me well for two seasons, and what I'm going to guess is many thousands of miles of towing. We use our boat quite a bit, and it lives in the garage, so every single trip has a to/from tow with the cover on.

I have a pool noodle that I "slotted" and have over the windshield to prevent those edges from digging into the cover. Learned that on the shipping cover.

No scratching from the black cover that I could tell from my two trips towing with it so far. I'll continue to tow with it this season and see how it fares against the gelcoat. I'm honestly not concerned at all about it though.

icemanj16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
@2kwik4u Awesome information! I already have the pool noodle ready. Its amazing what you learn from this group. There are so many quirky things about these boats. The biggest shock to me is the selection of hardware used in certain areas on the boat. Other than that the AR195 is simply an amazing boat. Everyone i have taken on it so far is impressed. I love the fact that I can put it in my garage at the end of the day to keep it nice! Would i like the 21' or 24'... sure... but i couldnt store it or afford it :) The value this boat has is unreal....

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@2kwik4u Awesome information! I already have the pool noodle ready. Its amazing what you learn from this group. There are so many quirky things about these boats. The biggest shock to me is the selection of hardware used in certain areas on the boat. Other than that the AR195 is simply an amazing boat. Everyone i have taken on it so far is impressed. I love the fact that I can put it in my garage at the end of the day to keep it nice! Would i like the 21' or 24'... sure... but i couldnt store it or afford it :) The value this boat has is unreal....
No worries. Glad to help.

We bought on Value as well. It's hard to find another $30k boat that is brand new that will give you this kind of value. We have a good deal of space, it's plenty fast for us (hit 42mph on Sunday running from a rain storm), has enough power for all the watersports we want to do, trailers easy, looks nice, stores easy, and is generally cheap on fuel (ran all weekend on less than 30gal). Our little 190 is a great boat for us, and we forsee keeping it for many years to come.......unless I win the lottery that is, then we're getting a bigger one and a lake house to match :D