• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking for some help!! Communication Error, No Transducer Found.

Papa Jimmy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have a 2019 Yamaha SX 195. We were running yesterday, and out of the blue, started getting these Error messages. The boat runs fine, buzzer keeps going. I can reset it with the lighted button, but comes back on after a couple minutes. I have disconnected the battery, but when re-connected, get the same error. Does anyone have any suggestions, other than taking to a dealer?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

Attachments

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Check for a loose connection at the sensor.

bishes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Any update on this?

2019sx210

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2019 Yamaha SX 195. We were running yesterday, and out of the blue, started getting these Error messages. The boat runs fine, buzzer keeps going. I can reset it with the lighted button, but comes back on after a couple minutes. I have disconnected the battery, but when re-connected, get the same error. Does anyone have any suggestions, other than taking to a dealer?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!
I had the same problem 2019 SX210. After visually inspecting all I could, I dropped it off at the dealer. They called me and said the transducer needed to be replaced. That was October 2022. I called today (July 2023) to ask if they had a date on the replacement yet. They said first week of August. Almost 1 full year of turning off the buzzer every 5 minutes. Having no clue how fast I’m going, and no depth!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Unless it’s not connected properly it’s probably broken. Can a transducer be repaired? Yamaha includes, or used to, a plug to replace the transducer in case it needs to be replaced or maintained so maybe it can be repaired, but at what cost? More than the value of a replacement?

One year of buzzing; I’d be looking for the leads to the speaker/buzzer to cut or at least muffle it with some duct tape.

good luck getting this resolved and please post update a thinhs change.

Shameless plug here: I have a transducer from a 2017 ar 240 for sale as is. I think it works but am not sure. 1/2 what the dealer cost is new. The question to close this part of the post is: Do you feel lucky?

Last edited:

Nick_Lo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
F3A-U8K1W-00-00
You guys had any luck with the dealer aquiring this part yet? Mines in storage but I need this as well. Couldnt get it to the dealer before winterizing and storing it, and they wouldnt order it without me bringing it in. Luckily I'm still under warranty but the beeping and error clearing is a joke! (Looking online, the part may be in stock at some aftermarket places)

quiksilver81

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
F3A-U8K1W-00-00
You guys had any luck with the dealer aquiring this part yet? Mines in storage but I need this as well. Couldnt get it to the dealer before winterizing and storing it, and they wouldnt order it without me bringing it in. Luckily I'm still under warranty but the beeping and error clearing is a joke! (Looking online, the part may be in stock at some aftermarket places)
We just got our transducer replaced under warranty today after waiting for a half year on our AR195. The part number they replaced it with is F2K-U8K1W-00-00. Not sure if it’s the same on all Yamaha models though.

We just disconnected one lead from the speaker behind the dash to get rid of the annoying beeping.

Nick_Lo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Depends on your year. My 2021 handles 3 things, speed, depth, and water temp. Possibly why it’s F3 part number?

quiksilver81

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Ours is a 2021 as well and believe it reads the same three items. I’m pretty sure when we first brought it in for them to get the part on order the dealer told us that Yamaha was discontinuing the original part number and was releasing a new one.

Nick_Lo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for that info! I just looked up my boat model again and it does now show the F2 part number that you provided. Not sure if I had the wrong number or if like you mentioned, they recently changed it to a new part.
Now to try and get my boat out of storage and to the dealer in enough time for this summer as they won’t order a part without me bringing it there first. Chicagoland here, so plenty of bad weather possible!

thanks so much!

jpdaley1026

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I waited 2 yrs for mine to come in. I also have a '19 AR 195. At first the Dealer said it would be a replacement for the OEM part, and they would have to do a splice, but turns out they did get the OEM part from Yamaha. Here are the pics. While I waited I bought a DST-810. Works fine. Keeping new one as spare.
airmar_2.jpgairmar_3.jpgairmar_4.jpg

Koly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After a year of my boat having the error message and the boat beeping at me every 5-10 minutes I am going to get the transducer replaced. I just need to order a part F2K-U8K1W-00-00. How easy is it to replace?
I got Quoted 1,114.54 from a dealership here in Washington State. Talked to one of the service techs he told me to look behind the dash for a little hockey puck looking item and pull one of the two wires out for the quick fix

jpdaley1026

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Its pretty easy to replace, basically just unscrews, and then you disconnect connector from engine compartment. Cut a few zip ties and put the new one in. To be charged 1k plus is crazy.

Koly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
thank you for the info. I should be getting my new transducer here in a few days. I just order it from a dealership out of Phoenix yesterday. They had one left on the shelf. They are pretty hard to find now days. I hit up about 20 different location before finding this one. I Hope to replace the transducer myself. So your saying I should not pay for the labor and do it myself? You make it sound pretty easy. Thank you for the info. I will tinker around with it when it arrives and come back here for more advice. Keep everyone posted once its complete. Also putting a 10% tint on the window. I got a guy here in Olympia, Wa that will do it for 400 bucks, just in case anyone was curious. Boat window tinters are hard to find for the Yamaha with the curve windows.

Oly

jpdaley1026

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
yes, I would definitely suggest attempting it yourself, especially for that price. There are pics on here showing how to change. Do a search on transducer. You should be able to find some