• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking on taking the plunge

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Earfixr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Do it Newflat! I’ve had my 190 since May ‘16 and love it. Great little boat for the buck. Perfect at nothing but good for everything. Insaley cheap for what it offers. Don’t listen to Clemson, he’s like the ex-wife around here, always negative, angry and bitter. If you think this little boat will fish like a 27’ Yellowfin you will be disappointed. If you treat it like a 19’ wave runner you will love it.

Last edited:

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Sorry pal @Earfixr

Facts are facts. No amount of sunshine and rainbow wishing will change the facts.

Tailwaters

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Great value and layout for a 19. Does it work for everyone NO. Does it work for me Yes! Are there better boats...? Without question. Do your due diligence as with all major purchases. Some love the FSH others not so much. At the end of the day the only opinion the matters is yours.

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
When you have to compromise because of children/wife, this boat shines.
I remember the changing room/porta potty was a big reason why I bought it.
Also no prop, safer for the kids.
Good for water sports.

Its a hybrid pleasure boat/fishing boat.
If I just needed a fishing boat, I would have more seriously looked at other options.
But more serious fishing boats are in the $40k range in this size

Newflats212

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
When you have to compromise because of children/wife, this boat shines.
I remember the changing room/porta potty was a big reason why I bought it.
Also no prop, safer for the kids.
Good for water sports.

Its a hybrid pleasure boat/fishing boat.
If I just needed a fishing boat, I would have more seriously looked at other options.
But more serious fishing boats are in the $40k range in this size
Great value and layout for a 19. Does it work for everyone NO. Does it work for me Yes! Are there better boats...? Without question. Do your due diligence as with all major purchases. Some love the FSH others not so much. At the end of the day the only opinion the matters is yours.
Sorry pal @Earfixr

Facts are facts. No amount of sunshine and rainbow wishing will change the facts.
Do it Newflat! I’ve had my 190 since May ‘16 and love it. Great little boat for the buck. Perfect at nothing but good for everything. Insaley cheap for what it offers. Don’t listen to Clemson, he’s like the ex-wife around here, always negative, angry and bitter. If you think this little boat will fish like a 27’ Yellowfin you will be disappointed. If you treat it like a 19’ wave runner you will love it.
I agree with all of you. At then end of the day it boils down to what one is ready to compromise on I guess.
I agree that the layout is one of the best compared to what is offered in this size and price! The only thing I might see being a big issue is the jets sucking up too often.
But At the end of the day I had fishing lines, ropes, and grass wrapped around and fouled outboards too! And for those times there is a 100% chance that you are going in the water to untangle the damm thing. Unless your arms mesure 5’ each and are very nimble yourself there is no way you are getting to the prop on an outboard without going into the water to cut a rope out. Still I hear everybody’s opinions and take them to heart. There is still some way before I buy anything and who knows what it will happen then...
I appreciate everyone for their input!
The only thing I know is that I have gone through this process for the last 3 years and every so often I change my mind so who knows.
But this year would be the year lol 90% sure.. but only if the stars align with my wife!

Last edited: