• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Looking to lock my ski locker and/or head compartment...

meegwell

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have seen a few locking latch replacements but when I get to the websites there seem to be a lot of options. Any recommendations or experiences swapping out the latch and/or head compartment on a '18 242X (I assume years around that will be similar)?

On a similar note - does anyone lock their boat to a public slip?

I purchased and installed this one on the ski locker of my 2013 SX210 last summer when my factory lock broke. Price looks to have changed a bit, but wanted to provide the product details.

The cam depth is adjustable and fit without issue. Also the key comes out with it locked or unlocked. Probably worth double checking the measurements on your's to make sure Yamaha didnt change the size at all.

@BJSelzer Thanks for sharing your experience. Seemed dumb that they key didn’t come out when unlocked, but I’ve seen locks like that before. I’ll give it a go again when I get the boat out. I really want to use it.

@BJSelzer I got to investigate the latch this weekend and I was able to get the key to remove in both locked and unlocked positions. Thanks for confirming for me. I also figured out my latching problem. I had it installed incorrectly, trying to alight the latch toward the opening causing the angled part of the cam to contact the edge. Once I rotated it 90 degrees, so the latch followed the boat centerline, it latched correctly. I cranked down on the hex nut, so it doesn’t rotate too easily, but anything can be broken into.

90ECEB9F-1F13-4F8F-8A4B-9527F536E9EA.jpeg

Back