• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking to purchase a fsh sport

Misfit_toy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello i have been lurking around for a few weeks i am getting ready to move to costal north Carolina nd have been looking in to the fsh sport i have a few questions
What is the largest flush mout nav/fishfinder that will fit on the console
Has anyone added a electronics box and any lights to the t-top

Thanks
Chris

DrGamecock

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a Lowrance Hook 7 flush mounted on the open area on my console. I feel that had I gone to a 9 inch unit that it would not have fit. If you get a simrad that is touch screen you could probably get one that is more like 12 inches. I haven't had my boat long enough to install anything on the T-top.

FisherMcree

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
image.jpeg I have led lights on the front and back of the tee top. The front is a bar and the back are 2 spots.

Misfit_toy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I really like the lightbar setup how well does it do when your running at night is the forward visibility good

FisherMcree

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I really like the lightbar setup how well does it do when your running at night is the forward visibility good
It lights up the world.... I was amazed at the amount of light that thing throws out. It puts out more than my truck.

There can be a lot of logs/fallen trees etc., floating in the waters I am on depending on what part of the lake you are in. With the light on, you can see in front of you just like driving your truck down the road. In fact, I need to research and see if there are any regulations about driving the boat with the light on like that. When I approached other boaters, I turned the light off because I didn't want it to be too bright. I wish there was like a high beam/low beam function. Last time I was out, I did come up on some guys night fishing that didn't have any lights on out in the middle of the lake, and also avoided a couple obstacles that I wouldn't have otherwise seen.

I also have green LED lights under the sides of the boat that lights up the floor.

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Really like your light bar install! What's the flat white board/material you used to mount the light bar to the T-top tubing?

I've been considering a small light bar for the same spot on my own FSH Sport, but still hesitant to drill holes lol.

Thought about using large zip ties for the light bar brackets.

FisherMcree

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks! The white thing is a sheet of HDPE. If you're not down with the holes, you may want to mount it to a plate/metal strapping or piece of HDPE and then further back on the cross tube using band clamps with rubber. Zip ties may slip. Zip ties would be good for the wiring though. My wiring is threaded through the tubing.

Last edited:

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks! The white thing is a sheet of HDPE. If you're not down with the holes, you may want to mount it to a plate/metal strapping or piece of HDPE and then further back on the cross tube using band clamps with rubber. Zip ties may slip. Zip ties would be good for the wiring though. My wiring is threaded through the tubing.
I could use 8 to 10 beefy zip ties on all four sides of a light bar mount, similar to your HDPE, and make it work. Plus the zip ties would be tucked up inside the top for the most part. I had found these rings and mounting brackets by Rigid, but they charge more than other companies for their items. The fact they offer white hardware is a huge bonus IMO.

http://marine.rigidindustries.com/mounting-options?f[0]=field_product_application:76

Any idea what the OD is on those T top tubes up there? I'd like to get white powder coated parts/lights or even stainless would be fine.

Tractor Supply also carries some decent light bars in black and a shorter (7") light bar in camo, and not too bad on the price. The included mounting/brackets are not marine quality. The hardware is spray painted, not powdercoated or stainless.

Bill Smith

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did you dismantle the top and drill all the end caps to route the cabling through ? Lol, never mind, I see the caps are routed around. :)

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@FisherMcree

I'm not having any luck with getting a piece of marine lumber/HDPE long enough to secure to the T-top the same manner as yours (minus the screws, as I mentioned in my previous post). The length I need is about 34"-36". My local WestMarines and other hardware stores only carry it in lengths around 18" long, maybe 24". Since I plan to use several zip-ties as bar-clamps, I'll need my sheet to be a bit longer than the length of your HDPE, and I'll be drilling zip-tie holes at both ends, near all the corners, and in the middle (about 6 to 8 zip-ties).

Also, I've been shopping around for my light bar purchase...looks like you chose the Rigid brand (nice).

FisherMcree

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@FisherMcree

I'm not having any luck with getting a piece of marine lumber/HDPE long enough to secure to the T-top the same manner as yours (minus the screws, as I mentioned in my previous post). The length I need is about 34"-36". My local WestMarines and other hardware stores only carry it in lengths around 18" long, maybe 24". Since I plan to use several zip-ties as bar-clamps, I'll need my sheet to be a bit longer than the length of your HDPE, and I'll be drilling zip-tie holes at both ends, near all the corners, and in the middle (about 6 to 8 zip-ties).

Also, I've been shopping around for my light bar purchase...looks like you chose the Rigid brand (nice)
Maybe this will help

http://www.boatoutfitters.com/Raw-Material/King-Plastic-Arctic-White-King-Starboard-Plastic-Sheet-13770-42022-214.html

The front and rear lights are Rigid. Seem like good lights for that application.