• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking to upgrade towner speakers, Samson, Wetsounds, or JL Audio

cybuch

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey there,

I currently have a 3 inch tower and have gen 1 Samson speaker cans, loaded with some MB Quart speakers. I am looking to update the tower cans/speakers. what I don't like about my current Samson cans is, the there is a release pin you pull to install them and then you lock them in place with a knob, the knob comes loose often. I do like that I can remove them quickly.

Looking at the JL Audio, they look really nice but the swivel mount will not fit my 3 inch tower, I can go fixed, but I like to switch the speakers from front to back depending on our sport, wake surfing or flyboarding. Maybe face 2 to the rear and 4 to the front?

Looking at the Wetsounds, they need a tool to swivel them, not a huge deal, anyone have them and can share if it is a PITA?

Looking at the Samson, the locking is a knob again and no safety locking pin if the knob works its way loose. Anyone have these they can share info about?

Any input would be great!

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The newer Sampson speakers are the same speaker as Exile Audio. I had Exile before I had Wet sounds. It was a great speaker. The knob that you are referring to on them also had a spot to insert an Allen wrench. You would want to hand tighten and then snug it up with an Allen key to make sure they are tight. The Wet sounds system is slightly more complicated, but I feel it also slightly more solid. I'd say the Exile were definitely easier to remove/rotate, and I never had an issue with the clamps/mounts. The Wetsounds is probably a little more solid. Just as easy to rotate, but a little harder to remove/install. You will need a tool to remove/rotate/install both.

cybuch

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you! this helps a great deal!

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have REV8s with swivel clamp and they are easy to put on and take off, I garage my boat so I put them on and take them off pretty often and they've been solid.

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the WS Icon8 on the swivel quick release mount. One allen screw to swivel or remove. I bought the allen wrench needed as an individual for the boat. Easy to swivel or remove.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
What about the new Kickers? I know they swivel completely.

ctyke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Rev10's swivel is really nice, of course they are the only ones I have experience with. I got a t-handled allen wrench that I keep on board. You slide the fork in to lock the speakers to the mount ( so you don't have to hold them), then tighten the allen wrench, super simple and quick.