• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

lost seat..

USN_Snipe4Life

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So last year I was out with the kids and before taking off after a swim the center seat was not snapped down.. Wind must of caught it and went overboard. Didnt realize it was gone until getting back to the dock.. went back to where we were multiple times.. betting someone scooped it up or its at the bottom of the lake..

So, I'm in the market for a replacement. Just dont want to pay top yamaha dollar for it. suggestions?
seat.JPG

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you have to replace it ? I would just put seadeck on it leave it as is.

USN_Snipe4Life

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was thinking the same but, Its just nice for when we have alot of adults on board to be able to sit there, comfortably. However, most of our outings are swim/tubing fun with the kids and I end up removing it anyhow.. What is a good brand of decking to use there?

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would start with this....

Note1: if you think that is not soft enough you call it the TIMEOUT seat.

Note2: my mother has back issues and she loves seating over there. The backrest works like lumbar support

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Pretty sure that my 2016 cushion would not fit your 2014 but I would give it up if it did ? Never used it even though it came new with the boat. First mod I did was SeaDek the entire boat . Here is a pic for example. IMG_0071.jpeg

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Worst case, you could use that space for your throwable cushion PFD. I think most states require one to be out anyway. I usually have mine on the captains seat, but I can kiss that goodbye with the new pneumatic pedestal!! WOO WOO!!