• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

LS2000 / Lx210 fuel sender upgrade replacement

GeniusGio

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Hey guys , I'm confused a bit here with my situation.

I fill up my tank and my gauge reads full. As I use the boat during the day and the gas gets lower , it works fine .. Now, when the gas gets to half a tank, it will start to read empty.

Today I removed the whole fuel sending unit and took it apart. I put the floating device to the top and it reads full, as I slowly get lower and lower it reads perfectly fine until I get to about the halfway mark, that's when the gauge drops down to empty.

Not sure what I have to change , would it be the gauge ? The fuel sending cap ? Or the whole fuel sending unit?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Probably the electronics in the cap bad but doubt u will find seperate components. If you do that would be awesome!

GeniusGio

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I was thinking the same thing but now the question is , which cap? The one with the 3 cables or the one directly on the sending unit that is inside the tank ?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I was thinking the same thing but now the question is , which cap? The one with the 3 cables or the one directly on the sending unit that is inside the tank ?
Directly on the sending unit-2 wires. I don't have it in front of me but sounds like u do. Send a picture and we can steer you right!

GeniusGio

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Ill post pictures tomorrow . Mine has a magnetic cap that goes on top with 3 wires. I was at the boat today but left already. I keep it at my dads because the stupid home owners association does not allow boats here

Here's a picture of what mine looks like

Attachments

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Compliments of @SAGERFLY
His boat and probably all our boats use a similar sending unit.
Look at the smaller diameter circle in the middle of the tank.
downloadfile-29.jpg
Edit - note, 5 screws

Last edited:

M@__

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
My 2002 LX looks like this

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
My 2002 LX looks like this
Huh.... very much different than i remember my exciter. Looks like a completely different style. Pull it out and start looking for ones that look similar in google images. That's how i found the wema ones.

M@__

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Yeah, I think the exciter had some magnets in the float or something. This one has a typical float w/ spiral metal. At the top there is some sort of electro-magnetic coupling to the sender cap. I think the OP has the right cap shown in post #25

GeniusGio

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
@GeniusGio , did you figure this out? My 2000 LS2000 looks like post #28 and #25
hey buddy, not yet. Haven't tackled the issue yet, but I will get to it this week. Yours does the same?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
mine may be doing something along those lines. Mine works to show a full tank and then it moves down from there. I never see less than half a tank and since I have had to put 30 gallons in on some refills, I am thinking that the level is not accurate. I always fill up before I go out so I have not had an issue but I like everything to work correctly so I am watching this.

GeniusGio

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Im the same way, I like everything to work. I'm betting it has to be the black cap up top with the 3 cables. I will know for sure this week

joep411

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Following due to me having the same issue. I was going to bite the bullet and order the WEMA but I'm confused as its a 2 wire and ours are 3 wires. Anyone know how to wire in the WEMA?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I wouldn't buy that WEMA I linked if you have the 3 wire. Apparently the exiter is different than the LS/LX, which boggles my mind.
I wonder though... what the 3rd wire is for?

M@__

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
4x15. I had the problem you describe. I believe it's different than the OP. You have varnish built up on the tube the float rides in. If you take it all apart and use carb cleaner to get the varnish off you should be good to go. I did a write up on the other site under member tips.

Ronald Dillow

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I ordered a sender unit from Don and was going to install it yesterday, BUT...................
The new unit have 2 wires with a water tight plug on it, and the old one has 3 wires that are mounted on studs with nuts holding them down. Any ideas on what wires go where??

Yamatuf

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Not sure, I would speak to don. Sounds like maybe the wrong unit was sent.

Ronald Dillow

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Thanks, I'm looking at the wiring manual now and from the unit, they reference a pink and black wire. I think mine had red, black and red with a black strip. Can't remember, gonig to have to run back out to my brother's house and open it back up.
The diagram shows the fuel gauge with 3 wires coming out of it. One pink, one black. They don't identifyPages from Yamaha_Ls2000_Lx2000_Lx210_Ar210_Lst1200_99-05_Boat_Service_Repair_Workshop_Manual.png the the color of the third wire.

treeskier

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I believe the 3rd wire was to the low fuel light. I just clipped it and taped it off.