• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lucky 13 adjustable pump cone

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Just ordered :) Do you guys reuse the same oring or put a new one on there?

OakleyAK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Just ordered :) Do you guys reuse the same oring or put a new one on there?
People here seem to reuse the o-ring without consequence. Just check it over to ensure it is uniformly round with no nicks or cuts, also pick up some o-ring lubricant (Parker Super O-Lube) if it is not lubricated well. Helps with install so you do not roll it during cone install.

Last edited:

Davburd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m wondering the same. Lotta money to experiment with !
Any benefit to using the L13 comes in a 210 with the TR-1 engines? Everything I’ve seen is people running these with the 1.8L. Most interested in improving fuel efficiency at cruising speeds (~25-28mph) and top speed.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Dammit!! I just bought one last week and installed it. Day late and a dollar short, lol. Its a great product for dam sure. Every yamaha boat should have these by default!!
@S1LV3R4D0 ......you've had your cone for awhile now. Do you still recommend it? What setting (ring mm) would you recommend if most of my RPMs fall in the 5200 range. My engine and hull are very similar, if not identical to yours, as I have a 2020 Yamaha SX195. Thanks!

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
As long as you are not at any high elevation, yes i still recommend all 3 rings @Canuckjetboater. Im not a speedster so the top end doesn't bother me much. But zero issues with cavitation getting wakeboarders up and pulling tubes.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Canuckjetboater I'm on my 3rd season now. Been running all 3 spacers until a few outings ago. I dropped the red spacer.

99% certain I'll putting even MORE spacers back in there. Definitely going to put the red one back before my next outing as well. Cavitation on turns got worse with fewer spacers.

You have a larger pump (160mm) compared to my smaller pump (155mm), and my understanding is that the 160's don't cavitate as badly as the 155's do. SO, your mileage might vary. I would start with all 3, give it a few hours of usage, then start pulling them out again until you have unsatisfactory cavitation, and go back one step. Make sense?

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Has anybody thought to try 2 blue spacers and 1 yellow for 11mm of spacing instead of 12 with the red?

I am just wondering if 11mm instead of 9 (by dropping the yellow) might keep the rpms and the cavitation elimination?

or just 2 reds for 10mm even?

Guitarjesus

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi guys, I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jerry Gaddis and I own the PWC Performance Forum GreenHulk.net and the Performance store, GreenHulkStore.com

I am a retailer of the Lucky 13 adjustable pump cone and I wanted to tell you guys a little more about this product. One of the forum members here, Swatski, has done extensive testing on his boat with this cone and has shared lots of valuable information about it here on this thread

These cones work amazingly well on the Yamaha skis and of course the Yamaha Jet Boats. These cones work well to prevent cavitation, especially when at full ballast and pulling skiers. They are also tunable by simply adding or removing spacer washers this way you can fine tune the cone for your boats weight and normal capacity.

Here's a short video I made telling a little about the cone.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There is quite a bit of interest on this cone lately so I have agreed to give the Yamaha Jet Boaters members a $40 discount off of each cone. To get the discount, leave a note in the comments box of your order saying "$40 discount per cone, per Jerry" and we will immediately refund you the discounted price once the order comes through.

Those with Naturally aspirated boats will use this cone

Those with Supercharged boats will use this cone

If you guys ever have questions please reach me at sales@pwcperformance.com

Thanks for having me aboard!
Jerry Gaddis
Still offering Jerry? Worth the ask...

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
So any have any tips on spacer arrangement for a 255xd.