• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Magma Cabo grill question

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally going to buy a grill for the boat and I've been looking at the Magma Cabo grill. This grill will only be used for hotdogs so im not looking to go crazy with spending money. My question is, will this fit on the table that comes with my 2017 ar240 or do I need to buy a special mount for it? I was planning on putting it in the factory bracket on the swim deck and just setting it on the table. TIA

There are several magma grill models available. If you are referencing the round kettle grill it should fit on any of the oem tables even the kidney shaped ones. However I don’t think the kettle model has legs or feet. Assuming you are referencing a rectangular shaped model I don’t think it would fit on kidney shaped table.

Three suggestions for you:

First, take measurements of your table, pull up the dimensions of the grill you want on Amazon and determine if the grill will fit on the table.

Second, search the magma mounts online and get the one that fits in the table leg. I use level lock model that fits on rod holders they have another version on which the stem can be expanded/widened to fit the opening (In case the rod holder version is the wrong size). They are not what I consider crazy money when compare to the cost of the grill. The mount alone should be under $80 chances are the grill will be over $200.

Third consider what you are doing to store the grill in. If you are only cooking hotdogs there shouldn’t be much grease in the trap when you are done using it but burgers and such leave a fair amount. The magma storage bag is crazy money, I think I just spent around $85 for one but it’s a perfect fit. There are generic bags available for a lot less but will require more research for wise.

good luck with whatever you decide.

Attachments

• DCDD1E84-E4F3-4A43-AF2C-FCE6A8CE0720.png
    DCDD1E84-E4F3-4A43-AF2C-FCE6A8CE0720.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 46
  • DB89658B-B834-4CFA-B04A-C246154D66FB.png
    DB89658B-B834-4CFA-B04A-C246154D66FB.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 47
  • 659DF77E-D277-4534-B89C-7FE250E21298.png
    659DF77E-D277-4534-B89C-7FE250E21298.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 44
Get the rectangular grill, the bag, and a mount to fit the OEM table leg. It's worth it because magma will last a very long time. My grill has the legs so I use it when I'm camping too.
And don't stop at hot dogs. I buy frozen brazilian coxinhas and pao de quiejo it's amazing on the grill. My guests always ask for the "brazilian things" and works great for me because it doesn't make a mess.

Finally going to buy a grill for the boat and I've been looking at the Magma Cabo grill. This grill will only be used for hotdogs so im not looking to go crazy with spending money. My question is, will this fit on the table that comes with my 2017 ar240 or do I need to buy a special mount for it? I was planning on putting it in the factory bracket on the swim deck and just setting it on the table. TIA
Yes, I used it on mine before I got a mount bracket. I always put an old beach towel over the table first to protect from the legs. It is a tight fit though. If you’re in choppy weather, it might be too close to the edge for comfort. The grill does get hot. ?

Yes, tight fit as @BigAbe75 says mostly due to the cup holders.

It’s a fairly expensive and very hot piece of metal that should probably be secured unless you’re in a spot with zero chance of waves.

I use the magma fishing rod mount but it will not tighten securely inside the table leg due to the leg having a taper on the end. I wrapped mine in some heavy rubber gasket material to make it hold.

IMG_4979.jpeg

IMG_4978.jpeg

Here are pics of two of magmas mounts. The pow’rgrip May suit your needs better. They are both designed to be a perfect fit for the magma grills just don’t throw away any of the hard ware (screws) provided with the grill or you will have to buy them separately (the mounts don’t include any). DB274302-53BE-4E40-86AD-0BB84E8EB530.pngA8CF4A77-00F3-4739-AE81-5995BCE5741E.png

I will swear by the power grip level lock mount. I used one to hold my magma, seen in my avatar and I use one to hold the napoleon grill that we used to cook this tonight on the boat using a fishing rod holder as a mount. I know, no help at all. ;)

4856FFFF-7CE2-4786-9DEE-8C76F434F7D8.jpeg

Last edited:
You guys are awesome! You all have brought up really good points that I did not think about. I am definitely going to purchase the the grill with the pedestal mount. Once it was brought up about how hot it can get, that sold me. Here's what I found on Amazon. Thanks for all the input fellas.Screenshot_20230512_210233_Amazon Shopping.jpg

@CraigAR not sure what your plan is but you’ll have to drill holes and mount the base for that pole on your boat somewhere if you want to use it.

I use the first level lock mount that @Ronnie posted, but like I said it needs a little extra thickness to hold securely in the factory leg. Otherwise it is awesome as you can level the grill infinitely.

There are also replacement legs you can buy that include grill mounts and still fit the factory table leg mount.

When you put the level lock into the factory table leg, what are you using to snug it up? I do like this idea instead of the pedestal mount. Thanks again @Ronnie

Look at the mod document in my signature. Here’s an excerpt

IMG_2245.png

When you put the level lock into the factory table leg, what are you using to snug it up? I do like this idea instead of the pedestal mount. Thanks again @Ronnie
Can’t respond directly as I don’t use the table leg for the grill at all. I installed rod / cup holders and rod holders around the boat instead so I could use the tables and grill at the same time. This time around I went all out and got the small shelf that attaches to the front of the magma grill.
7A51D613-C3E9-474E-A887-EFB2E3691528.png

I just wrapped some heavy gasket material like this around each piece of the mount. It seems to hold securely in the table leg.
I’ve had them zip tied on the mount for a year but plan to eventually glue the rubber pieces on with 5200.

1683952527561.jpeg

Last edited:
Well guys, thank you for all the input! I bought the Magma Cabo grill Adventuer Series from Fishbrain with their $20 off $150 deal and got it for $159.74 shipped to me in 2 days! I also bought the Magma carrying/padded case and the Magma level lock all angle fishing rod holder. For now it sits in the factory table leg with a 2' piece of 1-1/2" pvc pipe. 20230517_163650.jpg20230517_163659.jpg

Looks good. Now I’m motivated to see how well my level lock fits on the factory table legs. Always nice to have options especially those that don’t cost me anything.

Is that pretty solid in the pipe?

Well guys, thank you for all the input! I bought the Magma Cabo grill Adventuer Series from Fishbrain with their $20 off $150 deal and got it for $159.74 shipped to me in 2 days! I also bought the Magma carrying/padded case and the Magma level lock all angle fishing rod holder. For now it sits in the factory table leg with a 2' piece of 1-1/2" pvc pipe. View attachment 200100View attachment 200101

I have the same Grill and it can drip hot crap at times, etc. Maybe have something you put down under it.

Is that pretty solid in the pipe?
The pvc pipe had a little play in it when slid into the table leg. I just wrapped some gorilla tape on the top and bottom and it snuged it up.

I have the same Grill and it can drip hot crap at times, etc. Maybe have something you put down under it.
Thanks, will do. I'll be taking the table leg into work and I'm having my boss weld me a a replica that mounts in the same location and hangs off the back.

Back