• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Maiden Voyage AR250 | Port engine wont shut off

Based on my description the techs said it could be a ground issue at the key switch itself or ground issue at the harness. Will know more this week.
@1WetBoat ....... After the dealer has finished the "repair" put the boat in the water run both engines then shut them off. Lift the swim platform cover and have the dealer remove both clean out plugs and put his hands in the clean out ports. If he won't do that........ :cool:

Had a weird electrical glitch on a sailboat once. The bilge pump and a few other circuits would only work when there was water in the bilge, some electronics had erratic behavior. After scratching my head for a few weeks I removed all the floorboards. Found a broken ground wire that would be immersed in water if the bilge water got to a certain level....

Bad grounds can cause all kinds of problems and are not always obvious to track down.

Last edited:
Had a weird electrical glitch on a sailboat once. The bilge pump and a few other circuits would only work when there was water in the bilge, some electronics had erratic behavior. After scratching my head for a few weeks I removed all the floorboards. Found a broken ground wire that would be immersed in water if the bilge water got to a certain level....

Bad grounds can cause all kinds of problems and are not always obvious to track down.
@marcham .....Amen to that brother! Faulty grounds are by far the number one electrical troublemaker on boats and a fire hazard. Once a year I pulled the cover off the 12v and 110v panels in our cruisers and tightened all grounds as well as all equipment in the engine compartment and behind the dash, particularly the ignition modules. :cool:

Last edited:
UPDATE: Hey guys, dealer called me back with what they found. Some of the suggestions on this board were pretty close. Turns out there was a bad crimp on one of the pins on the engine harness Deutsch connector. Apparently the crimp wasn't tight enough so vibrations from running the engine shook it loose. That explains why it didn't show up until way later in the day after running it for a while out in the ocean.

They explained that the first thing they did was swap key switches to see if the issue moved to the other engine but it didn't, so that was ruled out. From there they worked back to the engine/ecu.

They are checking the other engine harness and giving the boat a good look over also just in case. Once fixed they will water test it just to make sure and I can pick her up.

Glad it was not the ECU itself! If only for the fact that them getting another one would have taken forever...

Thanks for the update! Good result.

I had this same issue yesterday on my 210 FSH, got to the dock shut off the keys and the port engine kept running. Pulled the safety lanyard, you guessed it still running. Put the key back in turned it off and on twice and it shut down. Didn't have an issue the rest of the day but it didn't give me a warm and fuzzy. I immediately though there must be a bad ground, I guess I have some other warranty work I'm taking it in for in a couple weeks so Ill add it to the list.

I had this same issue yesterday on my 210 FSH, got to the dock shut off the keys and the port engine kept running. Pulled the safety lanyard, you guessed it still running. Put the key back in turned it off and on twice and it shut down. Didn't have an issue the rest of the day but it didn't give me a warm and fuzzy. I immediately though there must be a bad ground, I guess I have some other warranty work I'm taking it in for in a couple weeks so Ill add it to the list.

Yeah, definitely get it looked at, was a weird feeling not being able to shut off the engines.

Well after being without my boat for the last 3 weeks and getting the port engine not shutting off "fixed" steering that pulls "fixed" and my helm door replaced and fiberglass "fixed" I will be driving my boat back to the dealership tomorrow. Took her out today and now the port engine wont shut off 100% of the time so their "fix" made it worse. Had to turn the battery off then try and crank it to make it die. The steering now pulls even harder so their "fix" made that worse too. To top it off when I picked up the boat the worst spot of where the door was rubbing the fiber glass... they "didn't see it" and I had them write me an I owe you to repair it next time I bring it in... Jokes on me less than a week later she'll be back!

Back