• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Maiden voyage of our new 210, likes and DISLIKES

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So we finally dropped our new 210 FSH in the water yesterday and here are the things I liked and did not like about the boat.

Like the fact that the boat is very roomy
Like that the boat has an open transom
Love that there is no props to worry about
Like how easy it is to launch and retrieve
Love that it has two motors
Like the ergonomics of the Helm
Like that it rides relatively smooth at about 35 mph
Like all the storage
Like the changing room/head room under the helm
Love the powder coated T Top (and I'm fine with the Canvas)
Love that you can turn on a dime by utilizing both throttles

HATE how the boat maneuvers in slow/wake speed, Thank God for the Knob on the Wheel
HATE the constant nose wonder at slow speeds, docking sucks
HATE reverse, feels like you have to open it up completely in order to move

Two problems I had immediately, the throttle on the starboard engine disengages unless it is above 4000 rpms, otherwise is starts shaking and returns to neutral. The new Clarion Radio had condensation inside the screen after about 30 minutes of being out on the water.

We went from the intercoastal into open ocean and ran into a sudden change of weather, blowing at about 25 and the seas went from about 2ft to 6 to 8 in a matter of minutes, she handled it really well, we had 6ft rollers and only got water in the boat once (of course having a great Captain helps...LOL)

Overall we like the boat, don't Love it yet but maybe with a few additions and modifications, we can take care of the manuverability issues.

Any input would be appreciated, and yes even Clemson.

ruztew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You might want to look at steering enhancements that are available for the boat. I know @JetBoatPilot has a fsh210, so they might be able to chime in on your issues

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat. Yes, reverse just sucks, you have to think ahead and be patient. When docking go SLOW! or be prepared to do fiberglass work.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Glad you got her in the water and got to user her. I don't have any recommendation other than to avoid sargasm when your in open water. 1,000% will get sucked up into the grates and will be a PIA to clear out....especially if there is fishing line in the sargasm.

Best of luck...you'll need it.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Certainly the #1 complaint with the boat. I felt the same way my first time out. I used to be able slide my old boats into the slip with no issues at all. This one you have to take slow. Towards the end of the season it wasn't much of a problem but I'm sure the start of this season will a problem. 23 years of boating with an OB or IO makes for a tough adjustment.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Certainly the #1 complaint with the boat. I felt the same way my first time out. I used to be able slide my old boats into the slip with no issues at all. This one you have to take slow. Towards the end of the season it wasn't much of a problem but I'm sure the start of this season will a problem. 23 years of boating with an OB or IO makes for a tough adjustment.
Same here, and what is most upsetting about it is that all that you see on Youtube is praising the "ease" and "control" for docking, I guess we will have to see how it goes.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For low speed maneuverability I highly recommend the @haknslash method outlined at the link below. Find a clear day with plenty of time alotted to practice and really get to know how this boat with this methodology handles and operates. I was skeptical the first few times I tried it, but took an hour or so of my day to practice this past weekend and finally "get it". Sooooooooo worth the time and effort!

https://jetboaters.net/threads/how-i-use-no-wake-mode-and-tde-to-retrieve-my-boat.17161/page-2#post-301273

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
There should be a driver course and license required for the owner/operators of these boats..........

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Check the reverse bucket gap and make sure it's within spec. The throttle vibration on your starboard engine might be that your bucket needs adjustment and what you're feeling is the thrust hitting to bottom leading edge of the bucket.

I wouldn't get too discouraged about the first time out and the bit wandering. It's a jet boat and it takes some practice and seat time to get used to things. I would take the boat out again but solo or with a good friend and get to know the slow speed maneuvering using thrust with NO Wake Mode. Do it in an open area. Practice S turns and recovery time. See how the bit handles but most importantly use thrust of the boat will not respond. Check out the link that @2kwik4u posted as I go over some tips that new jet boat owners may find useful.

After you've practiced a few times with the boat and if you're still struggling with slow speed around docks and such then try the aftermarket fins. Some are designed to retract up at speed while others stay below the water.

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
For me docking is one of the best things about these boats, at least with twins. Just have to get used to doing it differently. And use small steering corrections when trying to go straight. I usually use no wake mode and just bump throttles. You have to do it slow but you can put them anywhere. Only thing I don't like so far is "squirrely" at speed. In other boats wakes and crosswinds. I just added magnum aks with mega fangs. They did help but boats still nothing like an outboard at speed. And reverse still sucks. I look at it like a large sport fisher, back up straight then use the throttles to turn the boat where you want to go. The fins mainly make it easier for my wife to drive the boat. All in all, only thing I miss from my bay boat is ability to trim engines in rough seas or chop. Here is a good video if you haven't already seen it

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
For me docking is one of the best things about these boats, at least with twins. Just have to get used to doing it differently. And use small steering corrections when trying to go straight. I usually use no wake mode and just bump throttles. You have to do it slow but you can put them anywhere. Only thing I don't like so far is "squirrely" at speed. In other boats wakes and crosswinds. I just added magnum aks with mega fangs. They did help but boats still nothing like an outboard at speed. And reverse still sucks. I look at it like a large sport fisher, back up straight then use the throttles to turn the boat where you want to go. The fins mainly make it easier for my wife to drive the boat. All in all, only thing I miss from my bay boat is ability to trim engines in rough seas or chop. Here is a good video if you haven't already seen it
Hey Grassman thanks for the tips. I am looking into the The AK steering with the Mega Fangs, I was talking to Jeff earlier, i think they will help, I'm just not too mechanically inclined so I'm going to have to find someone to install them for me.

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Watch the videos for sure. The instructions had me confused at first, but still only took about an hour.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good points!
The transoms in these boats are a bit challenging for fitting trim tabs, but it can be done. Those can help tremendously, smoothing the ride in chop.
Also help plane at lower speeds which can be nice.
Several members here use Lectrotabs which are very well made, all with positive reviews so far.

--

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So we finally dropped our new 210 FSH in the water yesterday and here are the things I liked and did not like about the boat.

Like the fact that the boat is very roomy
Like that the boat has an open transom
Love that there is no props to worry about
Like how easy it is to launch and retrieve
Love that it has two motors
Like the ergonomics of the Helm
Like that it rides relatively smooth at about 35 mph
Like all the storage
Like the changing room/head room under the helm
Love the powder coated T Top (and I'm fine with the Canvas)
Love that you can turn on a dime by utilizing both throttles

HATE how the boat maneuvers in slow/wake speed, Thank God for the Knob on the Wheel
HATE the constant nose wonder at slow speeds, docking sucks
HATE reverse, feels like you have to open it up completely in order to move

Two problems I had immediately, the throttle on the starboard engine disengages unless it is above 4000 rpms, otherwise is starts shaking and returns to neutral. The new Clarion Radio had condensation inside the screen after about 30 minutes of being out on the water.

We went from the intercoastal into open ocean and ran into a sudden change of weather, blowing at about 25 and the seas went from about 2ft to 6 to 8 in a matter of minutes, she handled it really well, we had 6ft rollers and only got water in the boat once (of course having a great Captain helps...LOL)

Overall we like the boat, don't Love it yet but maybe with a few additions and modifications, we can take care of the manuverability issues.

Any input would be appreciated, and yes even Clemson.
You could really use the Lateral Thrusters if you want to improve your ability to back into a slip or for ease of docking. The Thrust Vectors will virtually eliminate the bow wander and the over steer. If you're not 100% satisfied we offer a money back guarantee. Also a lifetime warranty. Let me know if you need more info.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have the Cobras on my boat and they did make a huge difference. I'm going to give the TV a shot as soon as they go back on sale.

Mike Courterier

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'll trade your Starboard control for my Port, which does the same thing... If I take my hand off the throttle at less than around 4k it makes it's way back to the first detent on it's own. I also experienced the bow wander at low speeds and went with the Cobra AK's with Mega Fangs, they help a lot. I was an outboard / IO operator for 40+ years before we got the 210 FSH Sport and after a few months of operation we'll most likely never go back. Take the advice above, watch the videos and practice a bit... before long you'll be very confident around the dock!

robert cabrerea

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Docking a jet boat advice...slow like a pro. Fast.. look like an inexperienced newbie.
It gets better with practice but expect a learning curve

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Nothing can compare to all time steering enhancements with the Magnum A K steering system "NOTHING".
From Slow speed to high speed , mid range to off power and add the mega fang set to provide real reverse control and enhanced reverse thrust plus power steering add in power stopping for all the control you could ever ask for.
If you want to rotate your twin engine jet boat in place just place one control in forward and one in reverse to change direction just reverse the position of the controls you do not need any steering or lateral thrusters on your boat to perform this maneuver just go out and try it yourself.
I also add a very important second tie rod for balance to your steering system not because my steering needs it but because your boat needs it .
My system will also keep you from loosing control when you slow down rapidly when you are turning even the factory rudder with thrust vectors as huge as they are will not help in off power steering.
So if you are worried about hitting something while docking and possibly doing some damage to your boat just imagine how bad it is when you slow during a turn and loose control Maybe striking another boat or a bridge or a person, So look at the big picture , If the wife can drive the boat with confidence " So can you and your guests.
Less cost and way more features and benefits.
So has anyone ever seen a copy of this limited lifetime warranty we keep hearing about? check with the federal trade commission on warranty requirements or warranty voiding, lots of info there, even a complaint form for consumers to file if they have an issue with any warranty . Don't be a lemming, do your homework , and please try doing the rotating trick with no steering beside the original one and see how it works without any extra parts added.
Remember My parts come with a 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee.
My parts are covered under my 49 dollar or less repair or replace warranty even if they get damaged as long as it is not done intentionally.
Both are posted on my web page as required .
I also have special side force stabilizers for your existing Ultimate steering systems if you really feel like adding the lateral thrusters to your existing steering so as not to give up most of your steering benefits just to try the lateral thrusters .
As for my Magnum A K system, it is already compatible for either the mega fangs or the lateral thrusters. It's your boat and your call on that. I 'm not standing in your way.

Last edited:

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ugh.