• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

MAIDEN VOYAGE WAS AWESOME TODAY....AND THEN DISASTER

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
yes i can confirm this on the 12". it will orient the map in heads up which is great. i only got to use my boat for about 4 weekends before the season ended but in that time i had no issues with the plotter performance wise. it showed me everything i needed to see. yes its not quite as detailed as the full navionics maps on a dedicated plotter but thats not really super necessary to get me where im going without running aground. i am glad it works good because there isnt a spot anywhere that i can mount a stand alone unit on the 275.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
yes i can confirm this on the 12". it will orient the map in heads up which is great. i only got to use my boat for about 4 weekends before the season ended but in that time i had no issues with the plotter performance wise. it showed me everything i needed to see. yes its not quite as detailed as the full navionics maps on a dedicated plotter but thats not really super necessary to get me where im going without running aground. i am glad it works good because there isnt a spot anywhere that i can mount a stand alone unit on the 275.
Hopefully they come up with a way to update the Maps from Navionics on those units. My Actia branded Connext has identical maps to my chartplotter and once I updated the amount of detail was perfect fine. Too bad it was just a bit slow and no heads-up or I would have been ok with it. In fact, in safer waters I probably wouldn't have cared, but in some of our boating areas there's literally hundreds of wrecks and thousands of submerged hazards so a good plotter is essential.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
"A tool is only useful if you have it"...something I used to hear as a kid. So if you forget to put the tag on the wheel, it's the same thing as leaving the valve closed.
:D
By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail. :;