• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Maiden Voyage

BeauSko

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sooo, picked up my AR210 on Monday, had it in the water on Tuesday. I watched all kinds of videos about launching etiquette, pre-launch checks, tips, pointers, etc. I would like to say it went perfectly but had one minor hiccup...forgot to install the kill switch before cranking the motors!! Realized it quick enough for anyone to realize I was a noob so no harm, no foul HA! Everything else went beautifully. Had my wife and two daughters with me and we had an absolute blast! Loading on to the trailer went smooth. Had a decent current pushing me left but planned accordingly. Can’t wait to do more exploring!D01DC435-F754-45A1-BBC7-D067D01A6B5D.jpegB1E3DA51-6774-4389-A560-95A64D782B90.jpegBD78C0FB-E348-41F0-A4ED-8958A29A554A.jpegE1B54141-8088-49C8-85C2-39A8491D4FD3.jpegE618B5EE-A0C5-49EF-ADC0-B4EB606BDE0A.jpeg88C2A9B3-AADE-44FD-911F-66AB8B4ADD09.jpegBCD6F764-A454-4A67-863D-47B4CA8364D9.jpeg

Attachments

Mike190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Same thing happened to me in the yard one day when I was cleaning it. But took me like 10 min to realize what the problem was lol

Maineiac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking good! I just got the same boat, but in blue. Too bad it’s been raining constantly since.

Between you and your wife, who backed in the trailer and who drove the boat?

BeauSko

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looking good! I just got the same boat, but in blue. Too bad it’s been raining constantly since.

Between you and your wife, who backed in the trailer and who drove the boat?
Nice buy! Those are so hard to come by right now...your gonna LOVE it!

To answer your questions...me and me lol. I backed the trailer in, the kids and I jumped in the boat, I disconnected the boat from the trailer, backed it off, then docked it. My wife drove the truck to a spot and met me on the dock.

The launch I go to can get crazy busy. So, we do need to get more efficient. I’d like to have her practice backing the truck with a boat attached...we’ll probably just go to a nearby parking lot to practice.

Maineiac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice buy! Those are so hard to come by right now...your gonna LOVE it!

To answer your questions...me and me lol. I backed the trailer in, the kids and I jumped in the boat, I disconnected the boat from the trailer, backed it off, then docked it. My wife drove the truck to a spot and met me on the dock.

The launch I go to can get crazy busy. So, we do need to get more efficient. I’d like to have her practice backing the truck with a boat attached...we’ll probably just go to a nearby parking lot to practice.
Thanks! I had to drive 5 hours to get it. You’re right - they are rare!

My wife and I are having this debate now too. Backing a trailer is tricky, but so is maneuvering a jet boat at low speed. I wish the ramp wasn’t so busy or I’d do it all myself lol.

Daren and Heather

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on a successful maiden voyage!!