• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Maintenance Question

I don't fog. I know it might be a recommendation now and I may consider. Normally we could run through mid October and the occasional lake trip during a nice day in the winter and typically will start the season in April. This year was atypical for us.

No kidding. I was down there for the ice storms in December and March.

Like scokill, I didn't fog before because of the fouling issues. But after reading a Tech bulletin on it, using a much less invasive fogging procedure, I have fogged now for several years...and never fouled a spark plug using those procedures. The 1.8L may pose a little different application, but it will still be the same in terms of not killing the engine while you fog, and you still need to rev up the engines to rid the water from them after running, so that burns off the fogging oil on the electrode and pretty much assures you won't have fouled plugs. I think it is a misconception, that you need oil to linger in the combustion chamber heavily to winterize or lubricate your components, and apparently Yamaha feels the same way, because they have never recommended fogging until you kill the engine, nor have they ever NOT recommended evacuating the water from the engine/exhaust after running on the hose or pulling from the water.

Does anyone but me use a set of plugs for winterization fogging and keep a set for summer use?
What is this "Winter" you speak of?.... :cool:

SO TRUE :arghh:
I usually start in April but I haven't had my boat out yet this year. I hope to take the boat out this weekend for the first time this year. Will you be on Lake Ray Hubbard this weekend?
Unless it's crazy windy we'll be on the lake. We went yesterday for the first time. We put in at Harbor Bay just me, wife, my youngest daughter and her friend. Got in and out easy. Boat ran perfect, anchored at the now beach in party cove, girls tubed, and we came in. Water was 72 degrees.

Back