• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Marine insurance, who has what?

Do you have marine insurance? If so what coverage do you have?

• No I do not have any marine insurance.

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Yes I have marine insurance but only collision not comprehensive coverage.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Yes I have marine insurance both collision and comprehensive coverage.

Votes: 160 95.8%

• Total voters

OnTheWater

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
For my new Moomba I shopped BoatUS (I was using them for the Yamaha), SkiSafe, StateFarm and BIA (Boater's Insurance Agency). I'm probably going to go with BIA since they had the best premium for my area ($548). $500k liability, unlimited towing reimbursement, 5 year total loss replacement, disappearing deductible, $75k value on the boat, $5k for trailer, $10k personal items, $940k pollution (fuel/oil spill), $10k medical, $500k uninsured boater's. I did a layup from November to March and saved $40 on the premium. SkiSafe was anywhere from $600-850! Insurance premiums vary wildly from across the country.

BTW nice boat @OnTheWater ! I notice you're driving an F150. I would hope you upgrade the receiver hitch on that thing. I'm going to have to do it to my F150 for the new boat as its over the rated limit. If you have factory tow package like me I can show you how you don't have to spend $600 for a dual receiver hitch.
Thanks for the heads up and offer! That’s actually the previous owners truck. I’m waiting on the boat to arrive from KC...😒. I have a Z71 with upgraded tow and suspension and since I won’t use it much(dry stack), I should be good.