• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Marine insurance, who has what?

Do you have marine insurance? If so what coverage do you have?

• No I do not have any marine insurance.

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Yes I have marine insurance but only collision not comprehensive coverage.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Yes I have marine insurance both collision and comprehensive coverage.

Votes: 160 95.8%

• Total voters

seafoxfla

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm with Boats US. cheapest I could find living in the Keys

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Im with Boat US.....however, I have had progressive and I might go back. I had seaworthy and they seemed fishy. Progressive was really good. I had one claim that they believed was the marinas fault.....my ins lost and had to pay, act of god, and they didn't make me pay deductible and did not raise cost.

I would go back if I wasn't a boatus member already.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Progressive here.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Previous longtime USAA/Progressive customer, then in 2011 for the first Bimini trip I realized that USAA/Progressive coverage didn't include Bimini, so I shopped around and found Allstate coverage includes Bimini and is the best fit for my needs.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Progressive.
Would never go anywhere else.
Their claim policies and procedures are so incredibly above board and beyond.
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA (Back to washing cars ..... see ya !)

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have used USAA since 1976 and have my house and vehicles with them, for some reason they do not like recreational vehicles. Boat is covered by Boat US.

Dhow

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
After watching boat ramp follies this past weekend insurance a must

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine is with Midland. I shopped US Boat and State Farm, but Midland was less than half the cost for the same coverage. Now, I may someday find that I get what I paid for... but so far so good.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
BoatUS for me. .

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have Markel Marine. It's something like $375/year, $1 million liability, $18k replacement cost, etc.

Worth it for my peace of mind.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Previous longtime USAA/Progressive customer, then in 2011 for the first Bimini trip I realized that USAA/Progressive coverage didn't include Bimini, so I shopped around and found Allstate coverage includes Bimini and is the best fit for my needs.
Wait Progressive doesn't include Bimini? My policy reads coastal navigation 75 miles..

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
One Beacon here. Have USAA on everything else. Their rates on jet boats are just nuts!! I'd like to switch back, but the USAA/Progressive side keeps quoting me $1,200 per year!! No claims or anything with them either. Their rates are normal on non-jet boats, I think it's their formula.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wait Progressive doesn't include Bimini? My policy reads coastal navigation 75 miles..
Read the territory provision closely, it might say territory water of the US or Canada <edit but not the Bahamas or something to that effect that might give you concern about being in another countries waters>

Last edited:

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Read the territory provision closely, it might say territory water of the US or Canada <edit but not the Bahamas or something to that effect that might give you concern about being in another countries waters>
shit...

PART VIII - GENERAL PROVISIONS
POLICY PERIOD AND TERRITORY
This policy applies only to accidents and losses occurring during the policy period shown on the declarations page and which occur within:
1. a state, territory, or possession of the United States of America, or a province or territory of Canada, including their in-land lakes, rivers, and navigable waterways;
2. the Great Lakes; or
3. ocean waters 75 nautical miles or less from the coast of either the United States or Canada, but not including the territory or territorial waters of any country other than the United States or Canada.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, see, that is why I stopped reading those things. Nothing but disappointment.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well the good news is, Progressive offers a Bahamas rider up to 125 NM from US coast.. Bad new is they cant tell me weather or not I can buy it until tomorrow.. I also have a quote request into BoatUS....

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well the good news is, Progressive offers a Bahamas rider up to 125 NM from US coast.. Bad new is they cant tell me weather or not I can buy it until tomorrow.. I also have a quote request into BoatUS....
In 2011, when we made our first trip over to Bimini and I went through the insurance dance, USAA/Progressive offered the ride but for 26' boats and bigger, hopefully they've reduced the length of the boat to cover your boat.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
On a related note , I buy trailer and boat emergency roadside and on water service through tow boat u.s. Which is associated with boat u.s. I always pay the minimum annual premium of around $60. I also have aaa road side service (gold or platinum member for 15 + years. For about 10 years I never made a call to tow boat u.s.

One day, the trailer disconnected from the tow vehicle on the freeway. All I needed was someone with a floor jack to show up. Called aaa and they refused to show up, they wouldn't even refer me to a local tow shop, they didn't want the liability. Called tow boat us next and they sent a guy out right away, no charge, I had to insist that he take a tip.

A few months later I got two flats while solo boating which I didn't discover until I got back to the ramp at 6p on a weekend night. Aaa was searching for a special trailer that would hold my boat and still make it under the overpasses on the way home. This went on for over an hour. I called tow boat u.s. and they contacted someone local who drove out in his shop truck within an hour to remove the flat tires and install new tires and rims while in the boat parking lot well past 9p.

Lesson learned, I will always carry the minimum coverage with tow boat u.s. For as long as I'm boating / jet skiing and would recommend it to any trailer boater. In retrospect I feel like I more than broke even on ten years of payments with the first call and definitely feel I got a lot more out of the business relationship than tow boat u.s. After the second call .

Last edited: