• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Marine insurance, who has what?

Do you have marine insurance? If so what coverage do you have?

• No I do not have any marine insurance.

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Yes I have marine insurance but only collision not comprehensive coverage.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Yes I have marine insurance both collision and comprehensive coverage.

Votes: 160 95.8%

• Total voters

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In 2011, when we made our first trip over to Bimini and I went through the insurance dance, USAA/Progressive offered the ride but for 26' boats and bigger, hopefully they've reduced the length of the boat to cover your boat.
You are correct, 26' minimum.. shopping BoatUS now..

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
BoatUS here also. Also with the roadside and water towing. Hope to never need it, but that's one less thing to worry about if something does happen.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
BoatUS Insurance is now secured with the Bahama Rider $150 for the month of July. It was actually cheaper than Progressive, until I added the Bahama Rider.

I bought the full Insurance, Roadside, and water Towing packages..

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ah, I should have mentioned, in addition to the Midland policy (which was on offer when I bought the boat for some reasonable (<$300/yr) amount), I do have BoatUS and do have the trailer/towing with that. Definitely worth it to be able to call someone if the trailer problems mount!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Progressive covered me when the guy destroyed my ski and trailer on the interstate last year and when the other driver accepted full responsibility they immediately refunded my deductible. They were real easy to work with . They also cover towing the trailer and tow vehicle if it breaks down.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm with Farmers Insurance and they work with a company in Michigan for their marine insurance called Foremost. I pay $460 per year (2% deductible on the boat) on my 2015 AR240, I have coverage that includes half a million in liability, has sea towing up to $5000 per incident, plus a few other things. The base plan did not include Bahamas, but for $60 more for the year, I upped to the Elite package which includes Bahamas and the higher towing/assistance limit.

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have All State. $300 and something per year including water towing up to 3k per incident.
I also checked with them, and they do cover Bahamas as long as within the 100 nautical miles from US coast.

Last edited:

OhioCop

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have Allstate, there awesome, no problems with claims. And the best part is they were priced much better then all the others I contacted. I call ever year to check rates on my boat and car.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Every year? I've had the same car insurance since 1997 (geico). Never even thought about price shopping, as they've treated me so well. Not that I've ever really used it much...

OhioCop

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I even check on my house insurance. I haven't changed any of my insurance over the past 10 years at least. That is other then my motorcycle insurance, I went from Geico to state farm bc of the rates.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you are on Boat US check out the Yacht Policy. It does not cost that much more and brings in a bunch of extra protection...like freeze protection.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Statefarm with house and cars but doesn't seem to be the BEST rate out there...

only $100000 liability, $14500 agreed value $1000 personal belongings, towing, $250 deductable came out to $342 a year.

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
Full Coverage - all my policies are with Geico. They have not let me down yet.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My dad and I both have coverage with travelers. Was like $350-$400 a year, $1000 deductible, and cover up to, I think, $1000 for on water towing. But I want to see if they have roadside trailer assistance because I am planning a few long trips this year.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have progressive for the boat, USAA for everything else. Need to check on my coverages for progressive, but at the time it seemed fairly comprehensive included water towing. That was the biggie I was looking for. That and theft since I park my boat in an open barn 15 mins from my house. If it wanders off I can go and buy a new one. :)

2015 SX210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Full coverage with State Farm. Valued the boat/trailer replacement combo at $39,000 for the coverage. Something like $30/month, so not too shabby.

OnTheWater

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I’m getting ready to insure my Malibu through Ski Safe. Very favorable reviews on coverage, cost, and handling claims from a lot of people on other forums. Hadn’t heard of them before, but definitely going that route. Link to discussion... Insurance

OnTheWater

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Just officially insured my Malibu through SkiSafe. I like what I've read from those who have needed to used them and the cost and simplicity of signing up was nice. 2016 23 LSV, $488/year, $300k liability, $94k agreed upon value. I did the layup, but only b/c I spoke with them and it sounded really easy to get it turned on for any days if needed, which I doubt I will. No layup added just under $200, so still a pretty good rate.

If you're shopping, they have really favorable reviews from the boating community.

Gratuitous pics...3C88F68E-7D8A-4B59-A22E-C1A8304CD5D3.jpeg51AE864A-D4E7-45CD-BFC2-F0BE34017CED.jpegA7A523CC-8B9B-4A59-B620-84775DD7AE8F.jpegEBDE7777-11A9-4BD0-8862-9A71B86C1970.jpeg318E702C-C39B-474F-955E-7BEEF489F802.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For my new Moomba I shopped BoatUS (I was using them for the Yamaha), SkiSafe, StateFarm and BIA (Boater's Insurance Agency). I'm probably going to go with BIA since they had the best premium for my area ($548). $500k liability, unlimited towing reimbursement, 5 year total loss replacement, disappearing deductible, $75k value on the boat, $5k for trailer, $10k personal items, $940k pollution (fuel/oil spill), $10k medical, $500k uninsured boater's. I did a layup from November to March and saved $40 on the premium. SkiSafe was anywhere from $600-850! Insurance premiums vary wildly from across the country.

BTW nice boat @OnTheWater ! I notice you're driving an F150. I would hope you upgrade the receiver hitch on that thing. I'm going to have to do it to my F150 for the new boat as its over the rated limit. If you have factory tow package like me I can show you how you don't have to spend $600 for a dual receiver hitch.

Last edited:

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Skisafe is awesome. Cheap, good quality customer service, and as I unfortunately had to find out, hassle free claims experience and rapid payment.