• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Max Capacity

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
None of our boats are speed demons.
Says who?
:)
We know a Glastron GTS 205 with a 250hp Volvo that hits 50, and a Four Winns 220 SS (?) with a 320hp V8 and Captain's Call exhaust that hits only 49 - I figured the V8 would do better but the weight holds it back I guess. Mine hits 52 and gets there quicker than the prop drives, even the big V8. When they're getting on plane we're already rocketing away from them. These boats with twins jump out of the water pulling away from the props. And of course those 20ft bass boats with 250 Mercs that hit 60...but you couldn't pay me to own one of those. Fully loaded, I doubt any of those boats hit those numbers.

For 99% of what we do, our boat is better suited with decent comfort, big swim platform, and more spacious layout than most similarly sized boats. The 1% of go fast time, we're running up there with the rest of the 20-21ft boats no problem.

The 19ft boats with supercharged engines are also quick.
:thumbsup:

Southernerd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Says who?
We know a Glastron GTS 205 with a 250hp Volvo that hits 50, and a Four Winns 220 SS (?) with a 320hp V8 and Captain's Call exhaust that hits only 49 - I figured the V8 would do better but the weight holds it back I guess. Mine hits 52 and gets there quicker than the prop drives, even the big V8. When they're getting on plane we're already rocketing away from them. These boats with twins jump out of the water pulling away from the props. And of course those 20ft bass boats with 250 Mercs that hit 60...but you couldn't pay me to own one of those. Fully loaded, I doubt any of those boats hit those numbers.

For 99% of what we do, our boat is better suited with decent comfort, big swim platform, and more spacious layout than most similarly sized boats. The 1% of go fast time, we're running up there with the rest of the 20-21ft boats no problem.

I was at the springs this weekend and the guy next to me had a liberator tunnel hull with a 450 Mercury racing engine and he was swapping his prop because, in his words, the one he had on it was "wobbly" at 110 mph... lol. Imagine carrying a battery powered impact wrench on your boat... I think I'll just stick to putting around in the mid to upper 30's.

Edit: I'm pretty sure it was this guy:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Says who?

Agree 100%. That’s why we all love our boats. We are happy with the performance. “Speed Demon” is a relative to what is on your lake.
Our last two lakes, yes we could push the most people at the fastest speed. On most of the lakes there is always some yahoo that can pull 70 or so. For inland lakes we have all the speed we need. Mind you our hulls we’re not designed for much more either.