• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Maybe I shouldn't own a boat..

Definitely sounds it. I posted a new thread with a YouTube video where I quickly explained what was going on. Maybe watch it?

2 stroke engines need tons of fuel when cold so if it idles warm but not cold it is too lean

It won't idle period...

The wires go to the stator that also feeds the rectifier.regulator.
The AC from the stator heats the wax capsule and closes the enrichment valve.
It is only passing fuel when the engine starts for the first time or until it cools when the stator is not producing power. There is no switch in the circuit.
Please read the section on setting the carbs and timing I posted.
The carbs open a little at idle and then move very little until you get closer the WOT.
The engine accelerates on timing advance in the midrange.
Set the timing as it is specified as in the book and you will be a lot further along than random changes.
For the enrichment valve to work the throttle plates MUST be completely closed! There are holes in the plates for air during idle.
A short shot of ether starting fluid (with lubricant included in the can) might help get it running, but if the setup is correct you should not need it.
RTFM (Read The Fine Manual!) I posted the applicable parts.

Back