• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

mercury sport jet help

diehard

Reaction score
Boat Make
RockProof
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
looking for a reputable dealer to work on 2018 200 optimax in a rockproof boat,in chicago land area seams no one wants to work on sport jets. thanks

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
They used a v6 power head from a mercury outboard engine so possibly if it is the engine needing work you may find a mechanic that works on the outboards but if the pump needs work that may be more difficult Most early jet boats used modified outboard engines adapted to jet drives.

diehard

Reaction score
Boat Make
RockProof
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
thanks it is the power head that needs work i take care of the pump,but the optimax is too complicated for me and i cant find anyone to work on a sport jet i think i need work on the fuel rails

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Robert Smith

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
looking for a reputable dealer to work on 2018 200 optimax in a rockproof boat,in chicago land area seams no one wants to work on sport jets. thanks
It's not that it's a sport jet, more than it's a OptiMax, no one want to work on something they know will fail again and again, a good Merc mechanic can fix it BUT ( it's the but part that stops most of them OPTI-JUNK, if you can find an MR motor you'll be far better off in the long run, they'll last 10 times longer.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
it is basically a mercury V6 outboard power head put on a jet pump like the 4 and 3 cylinder mercury jets were outboard powerheads from the force outboards what issue are you having magnets coming loose from the fly wheel?